Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180407 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2021, 08:03:00 PM »
Probably. TUI flights from Doncaster start on June 7th.

Personally, we won't go in September if it's orange. I think the insurance implications are too challenging.

Yes Jim, I agree..

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »
I have just been informed by TUI that my flight from Newcastle on the 10th June is now cancelled.  There was no alternative flights on offer, just simply "we have cancelled your flight".

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 29, 2021, 06:45:59 PM »
The skies today as a clear blue today all showing the flights arriving here into Corfu - many from European hubs, but great to see even  Easyjet Bristol arrived on time yesterday evening, so today we have London, Manchester and Heathrow flights all on time mostly early...... good to see more faces around the area......
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:06:44 PM by Lesley »

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2021, 02:14:29 AM »
Bad news Rod, seems TUI not waiting to see what he next traffic light announcement is.
I wonder how many passengers are on the flights from UK at the moment, bearing in mind the current advice and restrictions. We were due to arrive today flying with BA, we were not going owing to the requirement for isolation on return and current amber status. BA cancelled our return flight a couple of weeks ago, consolidating to one flight on the Saturday so we had a refund on that one. We waited to see if the outbound flight was cancelled, which it wasn’t so had to cancel myself and take a voucher for that flight. I can’t imagine these flights from UK are anywhere near full. My wife has got a bit fed up with me today saying; we should have been at The airport now, we’d have been in the air now, we should be on the transfer now etc. At least it’s sunny here and I poured us Chocolate tequila after dinner as a consolation! She is still sulking though.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 30, 2021, 10:50:20 AM »
It's a great shame BAJ..I thought things would be back to normal this summer and we are so disappointed to have to channge our holiday again.

Offline MickEi

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 30, 2021, 11:27:26 PM »
Life's to short to miss Sanstef.......Been coming for thirty years, and are due out for a month on Friday 4th June.
Two weeks quarantine will be worth every minute.
We can't wait.
Mick

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 31, 2021, 02:39:26 AM »
Life's to short to miss Sanstef.......Been coming for thirty years, and are due out for a month on Friday 4th June.
Two weeks quarantine will be worth every minute.
We can't wait.
Mick

Enjoy your holiday Mick!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 31, 2021, 11:52:26 AM »
Bad news Rod, seems TUI not waiting to see what he next traffic light announcement is.
I wonder how many passengers are on the flights from UK at the moment, bearing in mind the current advice and restrictions. We were due to arrive today flying with BA, we were not going owing to the requirement for isolation on return and current amber status. BA cancelled our return flight a couple of weeks ago, consolidating to one flight on the Saturday so we had a refund on that one. We waited to see if the outbound flight was cancelled, which it wasn’t so had to cancel myself and take a voucher for that flight. I can’t imagine these flights from UK are anywhere near full. My wife has got a bit fed up with me today saying; we should have been at The airport now, we’d have been in the air now, we should be on the transfer now etc. At least it’s sunny here and I poured us Chocolate tequila after dinner as a consolation! She is still sulking though.
TUI simply said "holiday cancelled" (even though it was flight only) with no alternative.  Ironically I then booked flights from Manchester for Friday 11th June with TUI.  It's a bit of a hassle travelling from Newcastle to Manchester but we are desperate to get away.  I informed Fedra Mare and job done.  Fingers crossed that there is not another cancellation.
As a footnote, I am being refunded my cancelled holiday but I am pursuing a compensation claim as the notice Tui gave me was 14 days.  I think I'm entitled to £110 per person.

Offline spikeyb

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »
Rod why would you claim compensation after getting a full refund, the airlines are struggling enough as it is

Offline MickEi

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2021, 06:53:49 PM »
Thanks Karen
We were out for two weeks last September and it was Brilliant. Weather was superb and our greek friends were so pleased to see us.
After all the pleasure they have given us over the years, it seams only right to try to help their economy a little.
Everythings arranged, flights, paperwork, tests, accomodation, and a car waiting for us at the airport, thanks to the lovely Valantis at Corfuexplore.
Counting down the hours!
Mick & Eileen

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2021, 06:57:18 PM »
Yes my thoughts too Compensation? as soon there wil be only as 40 years ago,  a few Government run National airlines from main UK  hubs as it was back then LGW, LHR, MAN and GLA and then maybe once per week.  We will all then pay the price in more ways than one...... it will go back to a system of those that have money will pay and everyone else whom has had a fantastic 35 years of enjoying budget and non frills airlines staying home.  This just won't be Greece but everywhere...... we all need to think long tem what is best.......
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:59:11 PM by Lesley »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2021, 09:27:56 PM »
Mick, have a safe journey! If you have time, please give us a little update on what's happening in the village, what's open etc.. 8)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2021, 05:40:28 PM »
Our holiday for 11th June  cancelled on Friday.
Not rebooking because we are already booked for September and we really have no idea what the position is going to be for the rest of June.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »
Ryan air BHX arrived today here along with other UK flights and of course as everyday now from European hubs, over the weekend it was reported into CFU there were 44 flights International flights so yes down on YOY but great to see car hires passing and there are visitors here...........

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2021, 08:10:08 PM »
Rod why would you claim compensation after getting a full refund, the airlines are struggling enough as it is
Because I'm paying £300 to get to Manchester and back.  That will be the days when airlines are struggling.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni