Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180420 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #405 on: April 16, 2021, 01:26:47 AM »
The Government will probably lift quarantine restrictions for travellers who have been vaccinated or test negative for Covid-19 from Monday 19 April.

This will apply to travellers from the EU as well as the USA, UK, Serbia, United Arab Emirates and Israel (for which there is already a bilateral agreement) and is the official recommendation to be discussed by the committee of experts which is meeting on Friday.

So it is more than likely that from Monday, when the previous Civil Aviation Authority NOTAM expires, travellers from the EU along with the five aforementioned countries will be able to enter Greece at nine airports without having to undergo mandatory quarantine after arrival on the condition that they have proof of vaccination or present a negative PCR test performed less than three days prior to their trip. The nine airports are are Corfu, Heraklion, Chania, Rhodes, Kos, Mykonos, Santorini, Athens and Thessaloniki. The same will apply to those arriving by land at the two main entry points. (Enimerosi 15/04/2021)

Greece has now vaccinated about 11% of the population. There are signs that infections may just be starting to tail off, although it's a bumpy road.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 16, 2021, 01:53:07 AM »
I read yesterday that Greece plan to vaccinate all adults on the islands in the Aegean Sea by 30th April and to open to visitors thereafter.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
I think the plan announced earlier was to do all islands by June/July and to ensure that worker in the hospitality industry were vaccinated.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2021, 12:50:10 PM »
From Monday self tests are available for all workers/employees in certain categories : Hairdressers. Beauticians, shop workers, catering (Take out only available presently).  There is a platform where the owner registers their staff and weekly they log on and report via their AMKA (That's a bit like N.I.) the results of the test via a Government platform. More details are available on the Enimerosi website for those that maybe interested.
There is also reported that for the Easter holiday weekend (Easter being May 2nd) self testing or a certificate showing vaccination will allow families to travel to their village for the holiday.
Normally we will receive an 'official' update Friday evening.
Happy Friday All  8)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:51:50 PM by Lesley »

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2021, 02:03:53 PM »
Thanks for your updates Lesley, I'm very hopeful we will see you in September. We have both had our first jabs, and steve got Covid last November and was really ill for about 2 months so he must be crawling with antibodies!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
Some people are having emails from Tui changing bookings for the end of May and June.
So far we have not heard anything to suggest our June holiday is not going ahead.September is booked but too and hopefully not in doubt.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 02, 2021, 12:05:45 PM »
I suspect with fewer bookings in the early part of the summer the operators will want to reduce the number of flights. They need about 75% capacity or they are losing money.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 07, 2021, 09:35:06 PM »
Greece on Amber list, to be reviewed in 3weeks...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 08, 2021, 01:25:47 AM »
Yes. That's probably not what the Greek tourist industry wanted to hear.

Greece is at last report on 116:100,000 case. Portugal, which is green-lighted is on 23:100,000. So that gives us some kind of scale. At the current rate of decrease, and the rate of vaccination (16%) I may be wrong but I don't see much chance of a green light before the end of June.

Tui has negotiated cheaper testing with various companies. Here, for example, is the Chronomics list:

WHAT ARE THE PACKAGES?

There are four packages available, as follows:

• GREEN – £20 per person. Contains 1x pre-departure antigen (rapid flow) test for your journey back from your holiday destination and 1x PCR test for day two after you return home. 
• GREEN+ – £60 per person. Contains 1x PCR test for your journey to your holiday destination, with courier costs seven days a week included, 1x pre-departure antigen (rapid flow) test and 1x PCR test for day two after you return home. 
• AMBER – £50 per person. Contains 1x pre-departure antigen (rapid flow) test and 2x PCR tests for days 2 and 8 after you return home. 
• AMBER+ – £90 per person. Contains 1x PCR test for your journey to your holiday destination, with courier costs seven days a week included, 1x pre-departure antigen (rapid flow) test for your journey back from your holiday destination and 2x PCR tests for days 2 and 8 after you return home. 

The pre-departure antigen (rapid flow) tests will include test verification and certification to fly back to the UK. As well as the testing packages required for your return to the UK, you can also select kits that include an additional PCR test for your journey to your holiday destination, should that be required by the destination you’re travelling to.

I think it is a little disappointing that no provisions have been made for people who have been vaccinated, but I understand the reasoning.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 08, 2021, 11:46:32 AM »
I don't think much will change by early June, which is when the 3 week review is due. There will be some who can quarantine for 10 days, on return, but many can't...

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2021, 11:29:04 AM »
We have flights for 2 weeks from 8th June and had The Perros booked directly, with car hire from Dimitra & Manos, but following the Amber announcement we've had to postpone once again. Whilst we're not working at the moment, friends travelling with us are and the self-quarantine on return makes it untenable at the moment.

But, we have our 25th Anniversary coming up in July and we're hopeful we might be able to make it then if things have relaxed significantly and the virus is under more control. We found San Stefanos for our 10th Anniversary, so would love to celebrate our 25th there once again.

Fingers crossed...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2021, 11:44:57 AM »
Good luck Richnsare!!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2021, 07:42:37 PM »
TUI only showing holidays starting from 7th June

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2021, 11:40:02 PM »
We have a flight only with Tui , June 7th, Newcastle ... we can only travel if things go green... I would put our chances at around 33/1 ....Haway  the underdog! .... It’s the hope I can’t stand 😀

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 17, 2021, 11:11:10 AM »
Over the weekend along with other Greek destinations, charters have started to arrive.  In Corfu we had flights on both Saturday & Sunday from Paris, Dusseldorf, Brussels and Zurich.  Today Monday 17th there are 2 flights on route due in within the next hour from Gatwick & Manchester. 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni