Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180331 times)

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2021, 09:45:37 PM »
It's unfortunate that age is becoming a factor in all this.

It really isn’t.

You are just jumping to conclusions that those vaccinated will be able to holiday in Corfu whilst those unvaccinated won’t. 

So far there is nothing concrete to back that up and all current information points to a negative test will be enough, certainly for this seasons atleast.

And finally let’s be thankful that we opted out of the Euro vaccine procurement program, what a mess we’d still be in if we were waiting on the commission to  buy and supply our vaccines.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2021, 11:41:37 AM »
It really isn’t.

You are just jumping to conclusions that those vaccinated will be able to holiday in Corfu whilst those unvaccinated won’t. 

So far there is nothing concrete to back that up and all current information points to a negative test will be enough, certainly for this seasons atleast.

And finally let’s be thankful that we opted out of the Euro vaccine procurement program, what a mess we’d still be in if we were waiting on the commission to  buy and supply our vaccines.

Agreed
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 23, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »
https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1155734/tourism-minister-calls-on-eu-to-move-more-quickly-on-vaccine-passports/

Go and watch the Greek Prime Ministers interview that he did with Bloomberg last week. He spelled out very clearly that Greece intends to open up this summer, for foreign visitors that are vaccinated or supply a negative test, all without the need to quarantine. He couldn’t have made it any clearer.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 23, 2021, 03:42:47 PM »
I understand that.

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »
Having been last September (a replacement for Disneyworld that was cancelled in April) we now find we may be going again this September as a replacement for a Holiday of a lifetime to Canada in June. Steve goes for his first jab on Thursday as he is diabetic but no sign of an invite for me yet so no chance we will have both jabs by June. However I can honestly say I felt safer in SS than I do at home. Jet2 were very good and organised on the plane and at the airports and everyone in San Stef adhered to the rules (except Steve when he waltzed off to the bakery one morning without his mask and never gave it a thought until he got back!!)
Good luck everyone with your jabs and hopefully as many of you as possible feel comfortable about going.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2021, 12:11:03 PM »
Wales has promised that all over 50s will be vaccinated by mid-April which means my wife and I should get done around mid-March. That being the case we looking at Sept though I would love to go in June but I don't think that will be possible.   

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2021, 12:18:22 PM »
Been a few years since we stayed in San stef . We were going to Lesvos on the 16th May . Its an amber island ATM .So TBH  we were ok with it being cancelled.
We decided to come back to Corfu as it's one of  our favourite places. Not just San Stef but all over the island .We stayed in Moratika in 20-19, and had a brilliant time.
So hopefully on the 17May  we will be back ion Corfu 😎😎
I've worked throughout this pandemic , had 3 holidays cancelled . And cancelled one myself as I really didn't want to fly. A friend stayed on Corfu last year for the first time and felt very safe. Much safer than at home. So that was the decider for me.
I'm ready for a really relaxing time now. So here's hoping we can go.
Helen and Graham.
My husband will have had both doses of the vaccination  , I will have had one

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2021, 05:28:26 PM »
Hi Helen,

My wide and I stayed in Moratika in 1987, in a studio. Basic doesn't describe it but we had a great time. Seems like a life time ago.

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2021, 09:22:40 AM »
Brilliant .. We loved it there . Its definitely a place to return to for us 😁

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 04, 2021, 07:16:51 PM »
So we've made the decision to change our holiday again to next year. There is too much uncertainty here and in Corfu, they appear to be struggling with their vaccine program. We got a good deal at Silver Moon, again, got the type of room that we wanted and got daytime flights, rather than night flights that we had this year. We shall miss all our lovely friends again and of course the fantastic locals, but I'm glad we've finally made our decision.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 04, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »
Karen, thats so sad lass, but completely understand your thoughts. I think many folks will do the same, way too much uncertainty at the moment, reading Jimbos post, it dont look to good in Greece.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 04, 2021, 08:10:25 PM »
It is sad Winkie, I hope people can go and enjoy their holidays. It just wouldn't be our sort of holiday, especially if their are restrictions in place, but we have to wait and see, none of us know  what will happen..

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 04, 2021, 08:38:23 PM »
Just to be clear - I'm not telling anybody not to go. Corfu's rates are vanishingly small by UK standards. The major infections are in Attica.

Our final decision will be swayed more by flight regulations here and in Greece. If it's vaccination or a 72-hour prior PCR test, I'd rate that as satisfactory.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2021, 09:05:02 PM »
No you weren't, Jim. People will make their own decisions. I also read the Corfu forum they have lots of stats and information on there :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni