Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180523 times)

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »
It’s looking increasingly likely will will cancel again as I can’t see both me any my partner getting the two vaccinations before end of June, add to that the more strict approach the Scottish Government is appearing to take in regards to overseas travel.

It’s going to be a tough one to take as that will be 4 years disruption on the trot for us, last year was obviously COVID and the previous two years sadly due to family illness/bereavement before we were due to fly.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:14:11 PM by StevenM »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2021, 08:22:35 PM »
Oh dear, sorry to hear that.. I would think there will be quite a few, like you, in that situation, with the vaccinations. We should have ours, but I doubt we will go, depends on the restrictions..

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2021, 09:05:38 PM »
Hi Steven - sorry to hear that. If it's not too rude a question, how old are you? Can you move to August/September?

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2021, 11:46:03 AM »
Hi Steven - sorry to hear that. If it's not too rude a question, how old are you? Can you move to August/September?

Hi Jimbo, I'm 60 in March which is not the problem. My partner is 11 years younger and its going to be touch and go on whether she gets her 2nd dose before June. It very much depends on other factors i.e. what approach the Scottish Government takes to overseas travel.

Later in the season is an option although my other half is not keen and would just prefer to re-book for June 2022  ... will just need to sit tight for now and wait and see.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2021, 12:21:08 PM »
It looks like the lifting of lockdown will be quite slow, pubs , restaurants may not open until May, so unlikely holidays will be allowed at that time..have to wait and see what Boris says today..

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »
I had my first covid jab yesterday and my wife had hers about 4 weeks ago. They really seem to be ramping up the vaccine delivery in the midlands, so we are hopeful of a San Stef break this year, although appreciate later in the season will probably be safer all round as we keep an eye on all things this year. Its far too early to tell right now, but we are optimistic. Its also good to hear the positive comments coming from the Greek government, which bodes well. Personally, I think that providing we get a digital vaccine ID/Passport sorted out and tie this into negative covid tests before/during/after travel (traveller pays) then we should be close to having much safer travel for all.

Good luck everyone and fingers crossed. Keep safe and well.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2021, 03:33:32 PM »
Steven - I see the problem. Looks to me as though you should be OK some time in August, so September would be an option.

Travel companies such as TUI are offering remarkably good terms - refunds or free delays for a variety of reasons, including obligatory quarantine. I don't want to start yet another DIY versus package argument - but it seems to me in the current climate that a package is a safer choice.

It's unfortunate that age is becoming a factor in all this. But there is an argument that younger people have more future, and can better postpone travel than old farts like me who are coming to the end of their Use By dates!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2021, 07:25:05 PM »
So Boris now giving speech...no international travel before 17th May, to be reviewed...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2021, 07:51:17 PM »
To be reviewed on 12th April..

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2021, 09:11:42 PM »
The new data on hospitalisation after vaccination is extremely good. 84% effectiveness for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and 94% for the Oxford vaccine. Bear in mind that this data refers to the first wave of injections, so the most elderly or vulnerable.

I'm now cautiously optimistic for summer travel. 

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2021, 09:14:51 PM »
Hopefully Jim. Looks like everything should be lifted on June 21st, providing everyone behaves themselves!

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2021, 09:30:47 PM »
I personally think that Boris has got it about right.  ( about bloody time )

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2021, 09:34:01 PM »
Hopefully Jim. Looks like everything should be lifted on June 21st, providing everyone behaves themselves!

The Brits behaving themselves, never going to happen, just look out of your window.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2021, 09:38:19 PM »
I personally think that Boris has got it about right.  ( about bloody time )

I actually do too, Charlie. Just open things up slowly and see what happens.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2021, 09:39:11 PM »
The Brits behaving themselves, never going to happen, just look out of your window.

That's what worries me!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni