Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 179864 times)

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2020, 06:25:31 PM »
Happy anniversary Winkie.  Hope you wife recovers soon.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2020, 07:13:51 PM »
Thank you all, for the lovely messages regards my wife`s misfortune, much appreciated.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2020, 12:24:41 AM »
I,m sure you will enjoy Trev, keep us posted if you can, on your thoughts of Kalami. We should have been in San Steff celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary today, unfortunately, Mrs Winkie had a fall, and suffered two compressed vertebrae fractures, so sadly had to cancel. Fingers crossed we can meet up with all our friends next year.
Don't know you personally fella, but belated anniversary wishes and hope that your wife gets better soon!

Offline Jackson

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2020, 12:08:34 AM »
Well Corfu has survived the Thursday axe. So unless it all goes Pete Tong Friday we should be okay for Monday for a week at the Little Prince. Beyond that we are okay should it all go south as both Mr and Mrs J can work from home for a couple of weeks. Like Maggie we have gone the taxi route once we land.

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2020, 12:03:22 PM »
Have a good time-make sure you leave the sunshine behind for us-we go Monday week  ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2020, 12:05:55 PM »
Have a great holiday, Jackson :)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »
Have a super time Jackson, jealous not  8) 8) 8).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

geordieborn

« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2020, 05:35:41 PM »
Looks like a safer place to be then here in the UK where the rate of Cv19 infection is approaching twice that of Greece.

Trevor

« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2020, 11:18:28 PM »
We had a brilliant time staying at the San Antonio resort in Kalami.  We last stayed here six years ago and since then it has had a change of ownership and a complete refurb, the rooms are amazing with breathtaking views of the bay.  4 stars rated and most important adult only.  Two swimming pools and several bars.
The White House the former residence of the author Lawrence Durrell who lived here with his wife in the 1930s and now converted into apartments and a restaurant is first class and serving top class meals
( expensive but worth it for a special meal or two! ) also several bars and restaurants on the beach front.
The next bay from Kalami is Agni bay which you can reach by water taxi from Kalimi during the evening until about 11pm, there are three tavernas here. The taxis take less than ten minutes.
We hired a car for five days and managed to visit San Stefanos for a day on the beach.
Next year we plan to stay a week in San Stefanos and a week in Kalami.
I could say far more about the area around Kalimi but l don’t want to bore you.  It’s a special place like San Stefanos

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2020, 12:17:41 AM »
Such an interesting post Trevor thank you  :)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2020, 11:00:49 AM »
The North East is beautiful - I spent many years repping this area - glad you enjoyed it too......

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »
Good review Trevor.
I went to Kalami two years ago  by bus and stayed the night in Kassiopi, it was a bit of a trek.
Bus from San Stef to Sidari change bus to Kassiopi, change again to Kalami.
It’s somewhere I would like to visit again as the scenery was stunning.

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2020, 10:44:43 PM »
Well we go tomorrow morning-and now I am panicking like crazy that the code won't come through for us to be allowed to travel-my silly husband was daft enough to mention that it should come through after midnight so now I probably won't sleep waiting for it to come-and then what if it doesn't? Has anyone heard of issues with the code not coming? what do we do-presumably we can't go, do we have to try again, is there anywhere you can contact to see what the problem is? Aggggggggghhhhhhh, major panic now-someone talk to me, reassure me... :( :'(
Lesley, really hope to see you tomorrow!

Offline TDRich

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2020, 10:56:32 PM »
Our codes did not arrive via email at the expected time, if you do not receive your email log in to the plf site on your dashboard you will see that the write/amend option is no longer there if you click on the view option (think it was an eye) the codes will be on the form. We flew at 6am my husband’s code arrived at 1:35am and my code arrived at 6.37am. I think this is very rare majority of people receive as expected after 10pm UK time.

geordieborn

« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2020, 11:07:36 PM »
... and of course check your email spam folder... Enjoy the trip, sure they will arrive...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni