Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180516 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2020, 12:24:11 PM »
Fingers and toes crossed for you Maggie, you arrive the day we depart...................hopefully.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2020, 12:28:45 PM »
Fingers and toes crossed for you Maggie, you arrive the day we depart...................hopefully.

Not long for you too Winkie :)

Offline TDRich

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »
We were due to fly out from Newcastle with EasyJet on 30th August returning on 13th September, just noticed our inbound flight has been cancelled although outbound still showing as going ahead, it looks like other flights cancelled too. I have not heard from Easyjet just noticed on the app when I went to check in.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »
Yep, squeeky bum time for a few of us. We go ( hopefully) end of month too, our flight still good to go and return TUI, just awaiting our government kicking it into touch.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

geordieborn

« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2020, 01:35:16 PM »
We were due to fly out from Newcastle with EasyJet on 30th August returning on 13th September, just noticed our inbound flight has been cancelled although outbound still showing as going ahead, it looks like other flights cancelled too. I have not heard from Easyjet just noticed on the app when I went to check in.

TD, sorry to hear that. Have Easyjet said when they intend to close their hub at Newcastle? It was reported in June that they were going to do so, do you suspect this is the start of the closure?

Offline TDRich

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2020, 02:12:31 PM »
Easyjet stop their flights to Corfu for a few weeks in September then commence again back end of September so this looks like a temporary measure possibly in anticipation of some restrictions, but who knows. I have flights to Corfu and Spain booked for next year and no disruption for those at the minute, it’s definitely a waiting game.

geordieborn

« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2020, 02:26:02 PM »
Not using Newcastle these days my interest is in passing as some of the family still use it. Hence I knew Easyjet were closing the hub there. Looking at the likes of the Chronicle here it seems a large number of jobs are going, so I would expect some disruption, although they did say routes from Newcastle would stay. Trouble is at the moment is the alternatives are not good if they want to fly you back elsewhere, so fingers crossed!

Offline TDRich

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2020, 03:09:34 PM »
Yes Newcastle is so uncertain for Easyjet we thought they would still be flying but reduction in routes but nothing is certain anymore.

We tend to do a mix of independent and packages but think packages may be the way to go in the future, never been in the position where they will fly me out but not home, fortunately all on one booking so I can get a refund. A refund from TUI for my hotel booking will be tricky as at the minute they will say my hotel is still open.

Will just hold on to see if the government changes anything in the next week or two.

Offline TDRich

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2020, 04:55:44 PM »
It looks like this is down to EasyJet pulling out of Newcastle from 1st September very little details only a breaking news statement from a news bulletin.

geordieborn

« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2020, 05:03:42 PM »
It fits in with the Chronicle link where they are talking about 45 day consultation period which would take us to about 3-4 days ago. Allowing for more admin etc... It does not look too good, but hopefully things will work out for you.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
Still hoping our 3weeks from 11th September will go ahead,all looks OK at present.
I have checked  with Cardiff airport and the flights are still as listed so I have filled in my PLF form in anticipation.

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2020, 09:43:55 PM »
Still hoping our 3weeks from 11th September will go ahead,all looks OK at present.
I have checked  with Cardiff airport and the flights are still as listed so I have filled in my PLF form in anticipation.

Enjoy your holiday Maggie, and please make sure you don’t have another accident.  I was staying at the Little Prince first two weeks of May last year.  I think you might have arrived the second week and had that nasty fall, we did speak briefly with you but you were with others.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:05:39 AM by Charlie »

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2020, 01:20:24 AM »
Checked in with TUI and PLF code just arrived. All ready to go tomorrow  :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2020, 02:21:30 AM »

Have a lovely time and let us know how you get on :)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2020, 02:27:54 AM »
Go get them BAJ!  Have a great time.  Tell Glen in the Aquarius Bar I'm on my way in three weeks.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni