Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180025 times)

Offline Paul and Ruth

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 02:12:58 PM »
Hi karen. Yes bar 38 is open. I think spiros daughter is working in the bar. Enjoy the sun in your garden.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 04:01:25 PM »
Our place here in Kirklees seems a bit more like an open prison now, not allowed out unless it's to earn money for the country!

So sorry to hear that, what do you think has caused it, haven't seen much news today. I did see he's stopped the opening of some leisure facilities.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2020, 04:05:25 PM »
Hi karen. Yes bar 38 is open. I think spiros daughter is working in the bar. Enjoy the sun in your garden.

Thank you, that's good. Yes his daughters come back from England to help him. It's so hot in the garden, we will have to find a shady spot with a cold beer. Enjoy your day!  :)

geordieborn

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »
Matt Hancock’d  this up late on last night for most of the north west of England, providing a massive 3 hours notice! To be honest it makes little difference to us as we've not stopped being in lock down.... But for others it's caused no end of hassle.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2020, 04:30:09 PM »
Matt Hancock’d  this up late on last night for most of the north west of England, providing a massive 3 hours notice! To be honest it makes little difference to us as we've not stopped being in lock down.... But for others it's caused no end of hassle.

Gosh, that is some read! I suppose it has to be done...

geordieborn

« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2020, 09:40:24 PM »
Gosh, that is some read! I suppose it has to be done...

Yes, no real problem with them taking action, but they knew of the rate increase more than 7 days ago and should have been telling people then that in 7 days time we will lock down if the rate is not better - "watch it here" type of thing.
But like I said it makes little different to us and today, none at all in lovely heat (bit above our liking). So we collected in some token produce we had tried out in pot - fava beans, added a few green and purple fine beans, lightly cooked and dressed with olive oil, parmesan and black pepper - was yummy in the garden (shade of course) with a glass of fizzy cava.... Now ready for dinner in the garden - rain permitting  ;D [size=78%]![/size]

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2020, 09:48:14 PM »
Yes you are right Geordie they should have told you all that earlier. Sounds like you've had a lovely day in the garden, much like us. We've just dug up some new potatoes and collected our lettuce cucumber and tomatoes for a tuna salad...and a bottle of wine :)

geordieborn

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2020, 11:02:10 PM »
Fortunately we ate earlier than normal tonight outside.... Just had to dash in due to massive plops of rain! It stopped within seconds, but think there is more on the way, quick look shows a big'ish storm from Sheffield up by Wakefield and on towards Leeds. A hot 34C still in Corfu right now, so at 10 I'm kind of glad I'm not there....

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2020, 02:04:17 AM »
You have to watch the massive plops ;D looks stormy here and it's still very hot at 11pm....

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2020, 02:20:51 AM »
It was quite hot here in Hull today - but the breeze picked up at about 5pm and it became too strong for the garden, the chill wind coming from the North Sea. Then at 8pm a thunder storm rumbled around, and bit later Gilll went off to bed with a hot wheatie, as usual! So it goes on. Apart from today it's been the worst summer I can remember.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2020, 02:58:28 AM »
It's been very  breezy here too, Jim,  but hot breeze. John wanted to fly, but there were a lot of gusts, so he decided  not to. May was  lovely here, but not so good after that. Oh well

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2020, 08:16:42 PM »
It was quite hot here in Hull today - but the breeze picked up at about 5pm and it became too strong for the garden, the chill wind coming from the North Sea. Then at 8pm a thunder storm rumbled around, and bit later Gilll went off to bed with a hot wheatie, as usual! So it goes on. Apart from today it's been the worst summer I can remember.

The worst summer.......I think it feels like too
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2020, 09:37:54 PM »
Very strange to hear about the weather variations in the UK.
Here in South Devon the weather has been exceptional for March, April May and most of June, early July very disappointing. Currently the weather is lovely and more to come next week.  Why go abroad this year.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2020, 09:40:02 PM »
Indeed,Charlie, why go abroad, I've loved being in our lovely garden!

geordieborn

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2020, 12:13:09 AM »
Very strange to hear about the weather variations in the UK.
Here in South Devon the weather has been exceptional for March, April May and most of June, early July very disappointing. Currently the weather is lovely and more to come next week.  Why go abroad this year.

Good to know you are alive and well Charlie.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni