Author Topic: Sarah and Karen  (Read 7878 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Sarah and Karen
« on: June 22, 2020, 09:29:05 PM »
Happy anniversary both. Had a lovely day here in Wales at my sisters house. Had a few with a few more to come....social distancing of course. ;D

When God created Wales he was just showing off

geordieborn

Re: Sarah and Karen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 10:40:56 PM »
I knew today's date rang a bell for some reason.... A lovely one for you lot. A very happy anniversary to you all! And enjoy the weather....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:12:27 PM by geordieborn »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »
Happy anniversary both. Had a lovely day here in Wales at my sisters house. Had a few with a few more to come....social distancing of course. ;D

Aah sounds like you had a lovely day! We  celebrated on Sunday, combined with father's day. We had my dad over for lunch. Quiet day yesterday in the garden with a bottle (or two) of wine :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 06:30:40 PM »
I knew today's date rang a bell for some reason.... A lovely one for you lot. A very happy anniversary to you all! And enjoy the weather....

Thank you very much!

geordieborn

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 11:47:10 PM »
Interesting the start of winter is here, well at least for me, as we’ve had the longest day. But what a lovely day it has been here (despite me still being under the floor). Now the birds are still singing and as I write this the sun still shining and boy what a superb temperature. A great time to extend these anniversaries happening in such strange times. Must be very odd for you all, but I’m sure it has been just as special, if not more so? And what wine did we all have for such an occasion ?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »
Haha! We are  certainly blessed with the weather. Evening is definitely the best time in our garden. It is cooler and the bird song is beautiful. My favourite is the blackbird, but this year we have a stunning song thrush, sitting high in the conifers, who seranades us every evening...heavenly....wine?...chardonnay :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 04:24:40 PM »
It's even hot in Hull, which makes a change! 27o at the moment. Got my shorts on!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 04:29:17 PM »
It's even hot in Hull, which makes a change! 27o at the moment. Got my shorts on!

Ooh don't burn your legs Jim, plenty of sun cream :)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:35 PM »
My wine of choice was San Miguel ;D.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

geordieborn

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 11:14:01 PM »
Haha! We are  certainly blessed with the weather. Evening is definitely the best time in our garden. It is cooler and the bird song is beautiful. My favourite is the blackbird, but this year we have a stunning song thrush, sitting high in the conifers, who seranades us every evening...heavenly....wine?...chardonnay :)
I'm finding more and more people are turning back from red to white wine. Most I know, it's the same reason, they love the red, but it does not like them.... Oddly with lockdown it's been harder getting our normal Trebbiano, so we've also went back to chardonnay, which Istill love despite the trendies poo, poo'ing it! Pecorino and Verdicchio are two more we've went back to as well. SanM, now that brings back some hammered times in Spain! As does the Amstel many years back, only beer I drink now is a Becks Blue when I'm really thirsty.
Sound of the Thrush for me, but I find it quite hard telling the the difference with the Black bird, yet Blue tit and Great tit, no problem...

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 05:17:08 PM »
We had a lovely day thank you. We sat in the garden most of the day, went to some friends for a few drinks late afternoon and home for Fillet Steak and Prosecco.

The weather was superb all week so am nearly as brown as I would have been if in SS.

Im glad you both had a great day too.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 03:13:48 AM »
Yes Geordie, red wine doesn't agree with me! I find the thrush more melodious, if that makes sense, more tuneful :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 03:16:59 AM »
We had a lovely day thank you. We sat in the garden most of the day, went to some friends for a few drinks late afternoon and home for Fillet Steak and Prosecco.

The weather was superb all week so am nearly as brown as I would have been if in SS.

Im glad you both had a great day too.

Sounds like you had a lovely day, Sarah. The tan is coming on lovely here, but I miss the  beautiful beach and warm sea :)

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
Sounds like you had a lovely day, Sarah. The tan is coming on lovely here, but I miss the  beautiful beach and warm sea :)

I miss the long walks along the beach and the warm sea.

We are luck though we have a lot of nice coast lines to choose from.  We did make it to Sheringham, Cromer and East Runton beaches last week but the sea is not the same as being in SS  :(

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »
We love that  coastline too Sarah and need to visit when things quieten down a bit.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni