Author Topic: How long have you been a member?  (Read 16171 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
How long have you been a member?
« on: June 10, 2020, 02:36:38 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm bored so I just spent some time looking at past comments I posted on the various topics over the years and I wondered how many members are still around from when I joined. It was 28th June 2008.

I still see many posts from people who were around back then but some of the regular contributors 12 years ago seem to have been less prolific in their postings in recent times. Hopefully their still around but use twitface (or whatever its called) instead.

Hope you're all well and staying safe. 

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: How long have you been a member?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 02:44:18 AM »
I joined 2010, although we have been going since 2004. There are some members who just use Faceache now and I miss their posts :)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 02:52:49 AM »
I joined 2010, although we have been going since 2004. There are some members who just use Faceache now and I miss their posts :)

Faceache  :) :) :) :) :) love it
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 03:15:07 AM »

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 11:28:25 AM »
Just a newbie on here, 2013. Yep, FB has been the ruination of many forums, so sad.  :'(
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 11:38:40 AM »
July 2016 for me, seemed quite a random date until I remembered it was around the time my best mate Mark died of Pancreatic Cancer. We had a final holiday together in the village in September 2015 and I've visited at that time every year since as it brings back good memories.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 12:04:01 PM »
My profile advises me March 2010 but I my have changed my profile as sure it was longer.......

geordieborn

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 12:48:56 PM »
That’s an awful way to remember David, very sorry to hear that.
A very “newbie” or am I? I certainly am a newbie as a member, but I do vaguely remember accessing something like this whilst we were visiting. Our last visit before 2019 was 2006 and looking at the members list in “date joined” order I’m guessing 2006 was when the forum started? Or has it, like other forums I’ve been on, had other incarnations?
The numerous forums I’m on (I have a few interests) are in the same boat as this forum i.e. losing its membership due to social media (it’s not just FB). I think the reasons are quite complex, but mainly due to the friction between different people, there are many other reasons such as the fad of social media and the need to be seen…, boredom etc. .  It’s a great shame as I don’t think there is any comparison with the two in terms of communication, information or community. Of course I’m very biased as I really dislike all aspects of social media and the way it is run. Don’t get me wrong, in principle it’s a great concept, but in practice it’s a great fat rip-off. Unfortunately I suspect things will only get worse for forums like this as social media gets its wish and takes over the world of communication – very sad….

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »
Feb 2008 for me  8)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 12:52:23 PM »
April 2010

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 01:45:31 PM »
Just a newbie on here, 2013. Yep, FB has been the ruination of many forums, so sad.  :'(

Yes Winkie,I agree

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 01:47:42 PM »
July 2016 for me, seemed quite a random date until I remembered it was around the time my best mate Mark died of Pancreatic Cancer. We had a final holiday together in the village in September 2015 and I've visited at that time every year since as it brings back good memories.

David, so sorry to hear that and am glad you have such happy memories of your holidays with Mark...

Kernowfox

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 04:39:22 PM »
June 2009 after our first stay - 2 weeks at The Athina.

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 09:57:59 PM »
April this year, so very much a newbie.  I have how ever been a regular user as a guest.  I agree with Karen’s view of the Facebook site, members must be struggling this year not being able to post photos of what they had to eat.  Boring!  And some of the admin team i’m Sure we’re past members of the SS, so many rules.
This forum is in my opinion brilliant at giving real information from the likes of Lesley and Jimbo and many others. You may not always like my response but no offence ment.

My first visit was in the 90s. Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:59:53 PM by Charlie »

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 10:07:29 PM »
I had to check my profile but I have been a member since October 2009.  I don't wish to bore you all but I joined the forum as I was so excited to be be going back to San Stef after more than 25 years.  I remember sitting in the Little Prince chatting to Dimitri in 2010 and telling him that I was in the village back in the early to mid 80's (I'm hopeless with dates but it was probably 1984 or 1985).  He was gobsmacked and grilled me as to what was open etc.  He was convinced when I told him the correct places.

I love the place and luckily the girlfriend to be wife also fell in love with it in 2010.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni