Author Topic: End of September  (Read 7885 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: End of September
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 09:57:49 PM »
I haven't posted for a while so my apologies.  I have re-booked my Fedra Mare two week stay, that should have been the middle of June, to the beginning of September.  Apartments and flights booked and fingers crossed.  The lovely people of San Stef need our support more than ever.  I totally understand other tourists giving 2020 a miss for a summer holiday but I personally think we are going to be ok to holiday by September.

Do I sound convincing? ::)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 12:38:15 AM »
Dear Rod, I profoundly wish I could be convinced!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »
Jimbo you are a "one man band" in trying to keep things going on the forum - well done that man!

Thanks, Geordieborn. I do my best. I much prefer this (and other forums I'm in) to FB. There, whenever I raise my head above the parapet I get shot at from the Right and the Left. I have no wish to see pictures of other people's steak and chips, and I can't stand cats. Here, because the forum is in nice threads, you can contribute constructively, as most do. I make an exception for Lesley's FB posts and pictures of swelling vegetables, which are great.

geordieborn

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 01:26:25 AM »
I don’t think we should see it as “if I’m allowed to go” or “if I’m safe”, I think it should be more “is it putting others and/or everyone at risk”. I’m sure those in the village would get by fine without us, especially if it means their loved ones remain safe and well. Even if it does mean there is not so much cash coming in this year…. It's a tricky one as none of us are getting any younger, and a year missed is for some of us - missed forever....

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 11:39:57 AM »
I've been in the village for a week mid/late September for the past 5 years and would recommend it to anyone who is considering to visit at that time of the year. The weather is usually glorious and the village itself is pretty quiet and peaceful with a lovely, tranquil feel about the place.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 02:45:41 AM »
For anyone willing to take a punt..... There's some ridiculously cheap flights about for late July/early August

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
I have been to Corfu several times in September and the weather can be varied. I have seen some spectacular electrical storms at night but spent lovely days on the beach. Sadly I can't see getting over to AS anytime soon as I am shielding and I can't see any way of flying unless they get the virus under control. I am sure I am not alone in this :(

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni