Author Topic: Is it worth booking  (Read 13014 times)

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Is it worth booking
« on: April 23, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »
Would it be foolish to book for this year.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth booking
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 02:10:16 AM »
Hi Charlie - Probably, since it looks a though social distancing will be in place for the rest of this year, or longer.

Check out Virus Epidemic News in the Yammas Bar.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 02:07:55 AM »
If social distancing lasts until the end of the year we won't have much of an economy left and that in itself will cost lives. There's a balance to be met here and it seems to me that no one has got it right yet.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:31 AM »
Unfortunately, Covid-19 is a dumb lump of RNA and could not and does not give a toss about anything apart from reproducing. In my view, money is ultimately a series of numbers on a spreadsheet. We could rub out the minus sign anytime we liked. But the ultra-rich will scream. Let them!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 12:47:16 PM »

Welcome Charlie! We have changed our holiday to next year. Wouldn't feel safe to travel before then :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »

I changed my May booking to September.
Already booked for next May

GarySam

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 05:22:45 PM »
Im waiting till TUI say I need to rebook, so expecting that mail in the next week or two. At the moment they want another £111 for the same holiday, same time (day later) June 2021. As for spreadsheets, rubbing out minus signs doesn't put food on the table or pay the bills. That's my opinion.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 07:38:52 PM »
Im waiting till TUI say I need to rebook, so expecting that mail in the next week or two. At the moment they want another £111 for the same holiday, same time (day later) June 2021. As for spreadsheets, rubbing out minus signs doesn't put food on the table or pay the bills. That's my opinion.

We amended ours, back in March, to same time next year. They waived the £100 amendment fee and gave us a further £100 off, which brought the price to the same as this year. They are hoping people will  reschedule their holidays, so hopefully there will be an incentive for you, when they contact you.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 12:48:20 AM »
I'm now seriously considering a week towards the end of September as I've had a pretty dreadful year so far but I'm not sure of the quarantine situation, nor how much travel insurance will cost for a 57 year old!

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 01:24:32 AM »
I’m pretty sure that there is a member in the travel insurance business on this forum who will give advice.
Hope you are lucky, good luck.

geordieborn

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 01:40:12 AM »
I'm now seriously considering a week towards the end of September as I've had a pretty dreadful year so far but I'm not sure of the quarantine situation, nor how much travel insurance will cost for a 57 year old!

Really sorry to hear you have had such a bad year. Not too sure what the quarantine difficulties would be for you, but do you really need to worry about insurance? Does it stop you getting away? Personnaly I would stay here, but I can understand the need for some to just get away from things...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 03:29:50 PM »

Sorry you've had a dreadful year, David, think we all need a holiday :) We don't know what the quarantine situation will be like in September. I think travel insurance is important, but will they cover for Covid, I doubt it.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 11:31:35 AM »
Travel insurance won't necessarily increase as most policies will simply exclude anything to do with Covid 19 so there isn't an increase in risk to the insurer.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »
Travel insurance won't necessarily increase as most policies will simply exclude anything to do with Covid 19 so there isn't an increase in risk to the insurer.

So that's a bit worrying if you come down with the virus, whilst on holiday

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 12:34:05 PM »
I explicitly asked my insurance company this question and the answer was that the only cover would be repatriation: no cover for extended hospitalisation or medical costs. Bear in mind that unless a reciprocal agreement is reached, UK EHIC cards will be worthless after December 31st. I wonder what a month in ICU would cost in Greece?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni