Author Topic: Nafsika webcam  (Read 319611 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Nafsika webcam
« Reply #870 on: September 30, 2023, 03:50:06 PM »
I've only just discovered there is a second airport webcam. It has a lovely view over the entire bay to the south, showing the church and lots of activity with boats coming and going and planes arriving from far away. https://www.corfuland.gr/el/live-webcams/la-veranda/view-details.html

The frame-rate quite slow - about 1fps - but the views are worth it. It's about 30 second behind the runway webcam. With two monitors and a webcam on each you have the interesting sight of a plane landing before it's arrived!

The runway webcam is at https://corfu-info.com/corfu-airport-webcam/#live

The best way to use the airport  cameras is in conjunction with flightradar24.com. When a plane is approaching you can go to the webcams to see arrivals.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 30, 2023, 11:32:03 PM »
Nafsika cam is back...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 04, 2023, 12:41:42 AM »
Hooray!!

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 04, 2023, 11:11:33 PM »
Think the cams come into their own this time of year when (most of the time) our weather is dark and dank! It’s just so nice to look in on a warm looking and comfortable seaside resort. It seems unreal sitting here in the damp to see people swimming in the sea and/or pool there in Corfu. Anyone there, you are so envied….

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 05, 2023, 12:28:24 PM »
Yes - and the thought of a long lunch in Mistral or Manthos hovers just out of sight!

Offline Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 05, 2023, 09:33:43 PM »
I’m here!  Unfortunately we go home tomorrow.
BLUE IS THE COLOUR

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
Got back last Thursday, feels like months ago, lovely weather.punctuated by an early morning thunderstorm. Had a few power cuts,not unusual, but inconvenient when you've just applied shampoo and the water reduces to a trickle.
Didn't get a single mosquito bite and I don't use anything fancy just Odomos cream and plugins in the room, and ,ladies, I always wear perfume in the evening. Can't explain it, they just don't seem to like me. Is it my blood group or the B12 injections every three months or the fact that I don't drink beer?
Wasps were minimal due to the poor grape harvest. The cold , wet Spring to blame.
That mast you can see on the beach webcam supports a canopy on the terrace at Manthos. You can just about see it on the Nafsica webcam.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 08, 2023, 12:22:09 AM »
Got back last Thursday, feels like months ago, lovely weather.punctuated by an early morning thunderstorm. Had a few power cuts,not unusual, but inconvenient when you've just applied shampoo and the water reduces to a trickle.
Didn't get a single mosquito bite and I don't use anything fancy just Odomos cream and plugins in the room, and ,ladies, I always wear perfume in the evening. Can't explain it, they just don't seem to like me. Is it my blood group or the B12 injections every three months or the fact that I don't drink beer?
Wasps were minimal due to the poor grape harvest. The cold , wet Spring to blame.
That mast you can see on the beach webcam supports a canopy on the terrace at Manthos. You can just about see it on the Nafsica webcam.

It looks a lovely time of year, but very quiet for some I would guess (we would love it). Was everything open?

Offline Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 08, 2023, 08:36:12 PM »
Hi  Geordieborn we came back a few days ago and everywhere was open.  We stayed in Terezas Sunset Hotel which was lovely and the food and hospitality was exceptional, as a result we only ventured out to other restaurants a couple of nights.  We did however sample many drinks in most bars in the village 🍺
We were blessed with good weather but a little chilly in the evenings.  We can’t wait for our next trip.

BLUE IS THE COLOUR

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 09, 2023, 03:44:18 PM »
Glad you had a good time! It's hard not to...

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 09, 2023, 07:27:07 PM »
Geordie it was still quite busy, lots of visitors from other parts of the island enjoying the lovely beach and tavernas.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 17, 2023, 02:26:35 PM »
Looking a bit wild on the beach today!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 17, 2023, 07:51:44 PM »
I suspect it'll be worse here tomorrow! Nafsika's closed. I'll be surprised if much is open after Friday.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 17, 2023, 11:45:32 PM »
I suspect it'll be worse here tomorrow! Nafsika's closed. I'll be surprised if much is open after Friday.

It is invariably worse here Jimbo!

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 18, 2023, 04:40:56 PM »
Beautiful blue sky there today, here, at home, its batten down the hatches.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni