Author Topic: Nafsika webcam  (Read 310218 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Nafsika webcam
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2020, 08:53:24 PM »
They may be full. Usually are!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »
They may be full. Usually are!

Could be Jim,   but this year is different, many of us have  chosen not to go.

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2020, 01:19:48 AM »
Thomas Bay isnt showing either ?

geordieborn

« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2020, 01:26:31 AM »
Thomas Bay isnt showing either ?
I think someone said it was not opening, have you been celebrating the footie too much. Or was it the wake... :'(

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2020, 02:07:29 AM »
Could be Jim,   but this year is different, many of us have  chosen not to go.

Yes - but many people changed summer to autumn, I think. Nafsika's not very big and very popular. But then again, the TUI website operates strange algorithms to focus sales attention on areas with fewer sales - and also wants the planes to be full.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2020, 01:53:59 PM »
Oh my, just look at that place this morning, so so beautiful, just pulling at my heart strings .
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2020, 02:15:02 PM »
Oh my, just look at that place this morning, so so beautiful, just pulling at my heart strings .

Mine too Winkie  :)

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2020, 02:30:36 PM »
Thomas Bay and Nafsika were both available on TUI until recently. A colleague of mine has booked with TUI for Corfu in August and was told last week her hotel will now not be opening so shes waiting to hear whats happening now. I wonder if TUI have given their hotels strict measurements re social distancing, safety, hygiene etc and some of them dont want or cant afford to fund for the sake of half a season so have decided not to open ?

geordieborn

« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2020, 04:15:21 PM »
Thomas Bay and Nafsika were both available on TUI until recently. A colleague of mine has booked with TUI for Corfu in August and was told last week her hotel will now not be opening so shes waiting to hear whats happening now. I wonder if TUI have given their hotels strict measurements re social distancing, safety, hygiene etc and some of them dont want or cant afford to fund for the sake of half a season so have decided not to open ?
I think it has been hinted, consolidation makes sense. Well it does for them whereby they have a short season and don’t know what’s ahead. Other pandemics have spread over 2-3 years, but hopefully we will see some breakthrough for this one. So they are likely making money where they can by (as Lesley has said) getting full plane, likely to resorts where they can bus many people in and the accommodation can cope with whatever it has to for c19. Some people will take whatever they can get, at whatever price and under difficult circumstances to get away. We’ve kind of sickened ourselves of air travel in recent years, as much the airports as the flights and having even more disruption is just not worth it for us. Mind you it again looks lovely on the webcam, I think I would prefer it that quiet as well - but sure the people there would like more folks. :-\

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2020, 04:28:04 PM »
That's a good point Everton, I'm sure you're right about TUI, they have to protect their clients.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2020, 04:34:09 PM »
Yes Geordie, we're the same. There will have to be many restrictions, understandably and I don't feel I could relax in that situation, I'm nervous enough going to the supermarket!

Offline spikeyb

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2020, 03:13:32 PM »
Heard that Nafsika are not opening this year, seems odd that they are filling up the pool, it's half full, but maybe they will stop now if they've decided not to open

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »
I've emailed Spiros to ask him if it is true. I will report response if I get one.

It's obviously far more difficult for half-board places, since they are obliged to serve meals, and that means a bigger staff. Apartment blocks just need cleaners.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »
Just been on tv that Greece is not opening for Brit s until at least middle of July.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2020, 08:58:11 PM »
I can't say that I'm surprised. But it may be revised later. Or not.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni