Author Topic: Nafsika webcam  (Read 310151 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Nafsika webcam
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2020, 04:43:18 PM »
I find today's images very poignant: the clouds, the empty swimming pool, the still sea with no swimmers, the lack of activity.

Normally, the pool would be full and blue and sunbeds would be by the trees for shelter from the afternoon sun; the tables would be out in Manthos; somebody would be reading a book in the Nafsika pergola and occasionally a swimmer would turn on the right-hand end of the Nafsika pool.

What sadness!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 06:18:05 PM »
Oh dear Jim, yes it is a sad sight...

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 09:45:06 PM »
Just realised that a year ago today I had just polished off a portion of Spag Bols in town Pizza and was heading down to watch footie in the Barras. Changed days....

geordieborn

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2020, 01:45:24 PM »
Looking at bit hazy there today, no doubt that warm haze.... Mind you the weather site indicates only 22c ! I see the pool has a new diving board - step-ladders!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
Looking at bit hazy there today, no doubt that warm haze.... Mind you the weather site indicates only 22c ! I see the pool has a new diving board - step-ladders!

Haha!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2020, 10:40:27 AM »
Yesterday it was warm around 27c and today we expect 29c.  Rather warm for May but at least my tan is coming along nicely. Should be a clear sky today......

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2020, 12:37:24 PM »
Yesterday it was warm around 27c and today we expect 29c.  Rather warm for May but at least my tan is coming along nicely. Should be a clear sky today......

Stop it Lesley, stop it :D

Dry but very very fresh here in south wales. Temperature due to fall to freezing tonight. brrrrrrr.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2020, 12:51:00 PM »
Stop it Lesley, stop it :D

Dry but very very fresh here in south wales. Temperature due to fall to freezing tonight. brrrrrrr.

Haha, Lesley is teasing us!

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »
Can't believe the weather is so good. We should be there now. Should have arrived Sunday. Would have been in Nafsika last night having catch of the day ,mmm delicious, but not to be this year. Take care everybody and dream of next visit.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2020, 05:41:57 PM »
What a change from this time last year Lesley when I was trying to avoid hailstones the size of golf balls!!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2020, 11:09:07 AM »
Yes the weather last May was unusually cooler and this May unusually warm.  Some areas expect a mini heatwave this weekend with the TV forecaster's advising temps reaching 35c.  This probably will be further South in Greece such as Crete and also the mainland Peloponese area.  Corfu will possibly reach between 29c - 31c. 
If you look today so far it is very hazy, the clouds overhead full of Sahara Dust so very murky looking. 
Yes last year at work I even wore my Ugg Boots.  Today at home it's flip flops. 
Wishing All a lovely Thursday  8) 8)

geordieborn

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
Yes Lesley it is warning here on Accuweather about high temps. from tomorrow. 28c yesterday and we are not half way through May... Mind you much more than 30c and I'm in the shade these days.... Days of 35-40+ for months on end and it puts you off the heat. Still a little more of it in the nice sunshine here would go down well. 6c here, but the real feel at least is above that at 11c....

geordieborn

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2020, 08:41:41 PM »
Looking very sultry there in AS at the moment, 31c according to the forecast just now - what a difference!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »
Nice to see on the webcam the local people taking advantage of the good weather there. Quite a few cars on the beach and little groups under their umbrellas but all acknowledging the social distancing rules. Must be quite a treat to have the beach to themselves.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2020, 02:49:51 PM »
Nice to see on the webcam the local people taking advantage of the good weather there. Quite a few cars on the beach and little groups under their umbrellas but all acknowledging the social distancing rules. Must be quite a treat to have the beach to themselves.

Oh it looks fantastic! Wish we were there 8)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni