Author Topic: Hello....  (Read 5337 times)

Offline bigjohn

• View Profile
Hello....
« on: February 18, 2020, 05:47:47 PM »
I have been a regular to SS for 12 years now and have regularly followed this forum and have (finally!) decided to take the plunge.

Am looking at Vicky apartments for this year, purely based on its location. Can you lovely people please give me your honest opinions as there are quite frankly some shocking recent reviews out there mainly on cleanliness and speaking to a couple last June they were not impressed at all.

I did used to be member of the Facebook groups but quite frankly I had to remove my membership based on how they're run. I hope for a different experience here.

John

geordieborn

Re: Hello....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
Hi John, having a member on here who works at the Vicky and likely knows many on here, so I think it might be awkward for some to comment if they don’t like the place! Not stayed there ourselves as we prefer the other end of the village and we have only just last year returned after a long absence. We did not visit the Vicky pool this time around, but did so (for the pool) many years ago and it was very friendly and quite quiet, with easy access to the beach. No idea how things have changed.
Hope you do have a better experience here than Fartbook, but on-line has become perceived as an evil place… I suspect a lot has to do with our own inability to realise we often take written words out or context or as we (often wrongly) see them at face value. I’ve not been on here long, but in that short time have found everyone to be very nice and helpful.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »
Big John I have never stayed there or visited and I read some of those bad reviews.
All I will say is that we have friends who stay  there every year- she is a nurse-well sister actually,so I doubt she would keep returning if things were bad.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:12:33 AM »
We've stayed at Vicky - and very nice it was. Dirty??? Not at all. Giorgos and Nicola are great hosts. Really, some people make ridiculous complaints and expect 5 start service in a 2 start apartment.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 11:37:20 AM »
We stayed there a few years ago and they were spotless. Even when we stayed elsewhere we always returned to use the pool until a couple of years ago when the umbrellas were concreted in so you couldn't move them to stay in the shade. I burn easy so that's an important thing for me and it was a shame as the setting is perfect We know brave a bit of the hill each day and use Kapetanios pool. I also left one of the Facebook groups over their ridiculous policy of not allowing criticism of anything - we all love the village but nowhere is 100% perfect!!

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 12:08:32 PM »
We have stayed at Vicky's a number of times and have always found it very clean,plus if anything goes wrong it is immediately put right. We had to stay elsewhere when they changed to Jet2 as we  couldn't get the flights.We would go back in a shot if we could get the flights we need.We always visit when we stay a everyone there have become friends. :)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 12:10:20 PM »
Re Vicky's I am the receptionist there and I am quite happy to comment on an unbiased capacity.  The Vickys is in a great location for the beach and amazing Sunsets the best being from our decking area at the far end of the pool overlooking the sea and Diapontian islands.  The original building has been there for almost 30 years as some of our regular guests will know having returned every year sometimes twice or 3 times every summer.
The pool is large with plenty of free sunbeds and static umbrellas and the pool bar offers both snacks and a full menu from breakfast through to evening meals drinks cocktails etc.
The beach is reached either by the steps from the end of the pool or via a slope from the property.  This maybe steep for some and should be taken into consideration.  There are sunbeds and umbrellas at the beach which are rented out via the pool bar area - local charge applies.
There is free wifi in the reception area and we offer a variety of books to swap as well as an information service.
So we have alll the basic facilities for your holiday if this is the sort of property you are looking for. 
In summary simple self catering studios with a pool on site close to the beach and within easy reach to of the resort centre.

As far as cleanliness - all accommodation is serviced every day except Sundays when the cleaners get a day off. 

There are 16 standard studios which have self catering facilities - the shower room is a wet room style and all bedrooms are twin bedded sleeping 2 persons.  There is a door seperating the kitchenette area from the bedroom area
There are also 4, which are referred to Superior studios, which are newer than the standard and when built (15 years ago) are open plan studios i.e. no door between the kitchen area and the sleeping area - again sleeping 2 persons and have a shower room with a shower cubicle unlike the standard which have a shower tray and splash screen not a shower cubicle.  Again self catering but instead of a minioven which the standard studios have - these Superior studios have a microwave.

Vicky's is known as a 2 key property (keys in door) and is not a hotel however we do provide a reception area (me) for a few hours everyday (except Sundays) so any issues can always be 'nipped in the bud' and if it is an issue i.e. cleanliness or maintanence I will do to the best of my ability - resolve. 

We do have our own Facebook page/group (Vickys Agios Stefanos) with a file section FAQ's which I prepared so would hopefully answer any questions prior to your arrival.

I suppose it always will be people's expectations and I can only say that everyone at Vicky's, cleaners, pool bar staff and myself try our best to ensure everyone has a wonderful and well earned and deserved stay.  But yes we do have complaints sometimes and when informed - we will endeavour within our capabilities to resolve as we want everyone to enjoy their holiday.

I have had guests complain about cleanliness and and I always without exception go with the guests to see what the issue is.  The cleaners will always take away waste and sweep and mop the floors.  They even although not required wash up guests plates, pots & pans,cups etc as they personally do not want to leave the rooms unkempt as this reflects on them. 
Other complaints have been about linen and towel changes.  As per the owners contract with the tour operator (and again covered in our FAQ's) towels every 3 to 4 days and sheets are weekly.  We do not provide beach towels.

The cleaners have worked for the family whom own the property for around 20 years and will always reclean if someone is not happy.  I have seen photos of complaints and would say that yes the apartments are dated but are basic and clean.

You can also email us via our website (although I am not back at work until May), I would be happy to address your concerns. 

I hope this helps .......

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 12:22:14 PM »
No comments from me John, as I haven't stayed there, but just a big welcome to the forums and look forward to your contributions :) Great concise response from Lesley, thank you Lesley!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
Thank you Lesley.

Some people are just looking for the slightest thing to complain about as we will all have noticed.
As for wanting 5 star treatment in a 2 star establishment,I find the people and service experienced on the whole in AS knocks spots off many a 5 star because the attention and concern here is genuine.
Far too many visitors return year after year for anything to be seriously failing.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 01:26:26 PM »
We have experienced 'issue's where we have stayed, but they've always been addressed. There is no excuse for rooms not being cleaned properly but some of these buildings are quite old so there may be some minor issues.

geordieborn

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
Posts like Lesley's take time, so I'm with Karen in saying thank you Lesley.
Out of curiosity, and having loads of time due to the weather today! I had a quick look at Cr@pAdvisor (was a great idea when it started, now a nightmare) #181/>1000 the Vicky is rated. As I would always do I went straight to the “terrible” reviews and had a look at the 1st four of them. I would class those people like my sister – an absolute fanatic on cleanliness!  I know for a fact she would never stay in such a place and their life would be hell if she ever did! To me these 4 reviews would be what I class as whingers expecting far too much for the little they have paid. Saying that I’ve not read the other 4 terrible reviews or the 15 poor. Out of 164 reviews, I would say it’s an average-low number of poor reviews.
To me this simply highlights that it’s down to personal preference on cleanliness, what’s clean to some is not to others. Saying that I would guess most would want a clean bed, none of those 4 reviews said they were not…
Sorry, the TA link should anyone want to look.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:15:28 PM by geordieborn »

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »
It can be hectic in the season and things can get missed but to me knowing that the staff care and when you bring it to their attention it is sorted is what matters.
And yes Karen,we really must bear in mind that some of  these places are getting old now.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
All I would add - it is clean but there is a difference between clean and old - but cleanliness it something our cleaners address everyday however any complaints or issues we will always rectify everyday asap ideally before anyone leaves and feels the need to put negative reports on a forum - so yes on your first day - such a pity people feel in this Social world that it is better to address their issues on Trip Advsior rather than report their issues whilst on holiday and put on a site instead.  Our cleaners as all of of us takes this personally when what we want is for everyone to to enjoy their holiday. We will never be 100% perfect for everyone again all down to expectations - however we have time for everyone and wish to assist everyone as to our own capabilities with the facilities we have.  - We or I can speak just for me at this time as we want everyone to enjoy their holiday - everyone saves for this important time of their year so we are not here to just please but enhance your holiday experience and to assist everyone as always as best as with what we work with & within this criteria as we can.

Offline SunshineGal

• Soon be summer !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 02:11:08 AM »
Hi bigjohn

You have absolutely nothing to worry about  :)  My Auntie and I, and several friends have stayed at Vicky's many times - it is in a great location (no hill and away from the road), has fantastic staff: they are very friendly and always willing to help (or just chat) ... great pool with superb views and the breakfasts are scrummy! Yes the newer block of apartments are nicer / more modern than the older block, but you'd expect that ... you can book the "penthouse" apartments independently - check out the Vicky Facebook page.

Happy Holidays  8)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni