Author Topic: Local knowledge  (Read 8805 times)

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Local knowledge
« on: January 09, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »
Hi all,  just booked at the nafsika for june, never stayed this end of the resort or stayed at the nafsika before but have used there restaurant can anyone give any information on the rooms

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Local knowledge
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 10:11:21 PM »
Sorry never stayed there or even eaten there but many on here  have

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 01:01:50 AM »
Stayed many times, including October 2019. The rooms are a decent size, but not vast. There's a small "kettle" area, but no cooker because it's a hotel. The rooms at the front have terrific sea views. The food is great, as always, and the staff are lovely.

On a sunny day we usually go the whole twenty yards down to the beach by Mistral, have lunch there, and do the twenty yards back to Nafsika. When you're staying in the old village going into the new village is like going from a country cottage into Las Vegas. Love it.

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »
Hi thanks for your review jimbo much appreciated the O/H asked if there's a hair dryer in the room  and we did pay extra for sea view so hope we get one of the front rooms

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 06:08:26 PM »
Yes. There's a hair-dryer in the bathroom.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Advice on travelling with Medication
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
Hello friends, I was unable to travel to SS last year as I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension. We have taken the plunge and booked  into our favourite place (Silver Moon) again.  I have never travelled abroad before with a serious complaint and am a bit anxious. The Airport and TUI have been very helpful at this end. What is Corfu like getting meds and medical equipment through their security. Anything that can make the journey run smoothly would be helpful and hopefully reassuring. Thank you  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 01:18:03 PM »
We have to take epi-pens in a cool bag, and have not had any problems at security on the way out or on return. The important thing is to have the documentation with you. For example, take medicines in their packets with your name on them.

Without knowing what is needed, it's hard to be more specific. It's really more a case of what you are expecting from the airline. TUI will not, in general, put injections in the fridge on the plane, even if they say they will. But as the flight time is only three hours that's not an issue for us.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 01:22:37 PM »
Yes as Jim says, take any paperwork too. My husband has lots of medication and I always take his prescription too, never had any problems :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 02:16:21 PM »
In the many years I've been going to Greece I have never seen anybody searched by Greek customs. But it's worth noting that rules on opiates, including codeine, are very strict in Greece, so I wouldn't take say dihydro-codeine without a prescription.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »
Thank you all. My main worry was my nebuliser which looks a lot like a vape machine and the ampules that go with it. I need it every three hours so at some point I will have to use it in front of officials and dread being accused of using a vape. I have all documents but of course they are in English.  sorry if I'm fussing but I have never had to do this before. ???

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »
Gillie uses a nebuliser and has never had any problems. My suggestion is: take the documentation and don't panic. Airlines are used to shovelling people with all manner of infirmities onto aeroplanes, But speak to the cabin crew when you get on the plane if you will need to use the device in flight; they may suggest that you go to the toilet to do it. They are not waiters and waitresses - they're highly-trained professionals, and have probably seen everything. They can use defibrillators, CPR, deal with the dead, help nervous fliers, evacuate a plane in ninety seconds, assist at births and so on. The important thing is to smile and be nice and explain a problem. They will do everything they can to help.

The important thing to remember is that you are not unique. Millions of people use nebulisers. Relax, and enjoy your holiday. I once flew to Rhodes with a very painful slipped disk. I walked around the plane most of the time - which would be potentially suspicious behaviour. Four hours of agony. When I explained why to the cabin attendants they were immensely sympathetic, and even gave me an extra-legroom seat for landing.     

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 04:59:26 PM »
Thanks Jimbo ,This  has knocked my confidence and to have reassurance from you has helped. I shall look forward to our holiday in lovely SS   :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 05:28:54 PM »
We have a long list of problems including heart and lung problems and as Jimbo says take your information and prescriptions with you,we do.
I take 23 different sorts of medication a day,some twice a day so we could well look suspicious.
We also book assistance at the airport now as the stairs on the aircraft  are a problem for Andy.
We have had no problem getting medical help when we have needed it whilst away.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »
Thanks Maggiemaes,   It's great that there is such a friendly community to get advice.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 07:13:24 PM »
It is Chrissyann which is why we must keep this forum active. We learn something new all the time, albeit we've been going for 15 years :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni