Author Topic: Holiday Insurance.  (Read 28063 times)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Insurance.
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2020, 06:05:41 PM »
Not being an expert myself I rely n the experts and have no alternative but to trust them.
I know both I and OH are right in the ‘at risk’ band but the best thing we can do is to follow the advice.

My trip is booked in early May and I shall follow the advice at the time.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »
As I said above - they did things in the wrong order!

geordieborn

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2020, 08:09:03 PM »
Not too sure what you are disagreeing with Jimbo as I agree with most you have said apart from the "outside" bit!
As for Italy, we have many friends living there, both English and Italian. We know the place really well and know only too well their laid back attitude in doing things can be haphazard. It's their nature, as is hugging and kissing to greet, hopefully they may have stopped it a little for now. They are taking it very seriously as they've locked down the entire population with heavy fines and/or jail if you break the rules. Trouble is Italians love breaking the rules until they are caught.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »
All over 70s will be told to stay indoors for four months soon I read in the news. Bang goes some holidays.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2020, 05:31:07 PM »
They are going to ASK over 70s i believe,not make so far.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »
They can make us if they refuse rights to those who don't, or change the law, or turn us into a police state, or impose martial law, or declare a state of emergency!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
Yes but at the moment we are not at that stage.
Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

We have a system started here via our neighbourhood website where we have leafleted the area with telephone numbers of volunteers who are willing to help the vulnerable with shopping and errands.Man have no internet access so it had to be leaflets.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2020, 09:02:52 PM »
Yes - but the measures haven't come into effect yet, so we don't know the wording.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »
No it is a waiting game so we may as well sit back end enjoy what we can while we can

geordieborn

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2020, 09:43:50 PM »
I really think those of us that don’t work (not just the 70+), should have been self-isolating for a few weeks now and not waiting for the government to “ask” or “tell” us.

Offline B16RAM

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2020, 11:50:34 PM »
Have you checked with your bank, lots of accounts now have discounted travel insurance among other things. Most qualify for free or low cost travel insurance with excellent cover. It worth asking.
B16RAM Derby

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2020, 11:24:52 AM »
I really think those of us that don’t work (not just the 70+), should have been self-isolating for a few weeks now and not waiting for the government to “ask” or “tell” us.

Sorry I just don’t agree.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2020, 11:34:53 AM »

That's not really practical for everyone though. I visit my dad who is 90, daily. He had 3 medical appointments last week, which he was told he had to keep.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »
The best information we have today is that the isolation will be advisory and voluntary. The fact is there is nowhere near enough ICU capacity to cope with a huge peak in critical cases, so the idea is to keep the most vulnerable as well as possible for as long as possible to spread the load. So that means it's up to us as individuals or families to make a judgement call as to what we do about our lives, including travel.

It seems to me that we can help not just ourselves as individuals but our entire society by being as responsible as possible for as long as possible. We are far from the peak.

geordieborn

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »
That's not really practical for everyone though. I visit my dad who is 90, daily. He had 3 medical appointments last week, which he was told he had to keep.
That's totally right Karen, no way can everybody do such. Same goes for everyone in voluntry work, with the latter word being the operative - it is work:) Keep it going and take care.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:24:07 PM by geordieborn »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni