Author Topic: Holiday Insurance.  (Read 28041 times)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Insurance.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2020, 11:50:55 AM »
I used to have an insurance with my bank years ago but OH wasn’t included and it stopped at a certain age,and there were quite a lot of extras to pay for reasons of my health.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »
I used to have an insurance with my bank years ago but OH wasn’t included and it stopped at a certain age,and there were quite a lot of extras to pay for reasons of my health.

Yes that happens Maggie :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 03:46:56 AM »
We need to stay with our current company as our premium is guaranteed to increase only by the rate of inflation which is a real bonus.
We do always keep them informed of any changes healthwise  though.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 10:11:55 PM »
Paid for our insurance recently and it's practically the same price as last year so happy with that
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »
Ours gone up over a 100 quid, called them, it s because your now 65  :'( :'( :'(.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
Increases seem to occur mostly every five years from our experience.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

geordieborn

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »
I'm sure most who are booked for this year will already have insurance, but if not it might be worth a look now as this coronavirus could be a problem as they seem to be now implying it could impact summer - awful!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 12:39:45 AM »
It seems that few if any insurers will pay out for cancellation unless the Foreign Office issues a "Do not travel" notice. Being in the very high risk category and cancelling, even with a doctor's letter, does not seem to be enough. Covid-19 may, possibly, be receding by August, but there doesn't seem any likelihood by May.

I'm sure it must be a worrying time in the village. I haven't seen any reports on package holiday bookings, but flight bookings world-wide are significantly down.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 11:44:47 AM »
As you know I'm an insurance broker and this is pretty much the market stance on the situation:

Travel Insurance Update: Coronavirus COVID-19

With the spread of the Coronavirus prompting many calls to the office please find some guidance below for your Travel Insurance customers.

Will I be covered if I contract Coronavirus and need to cancel my trip?
Yes, you are covered for unforeseen cancellation of your trip. For a valid claim to be processed you will require a medical certificate from a doctor confirming that you were not well enough to travel.

I don’t want to travel due to Coronavirus, can I cancel my holiday and claim on my Travel Insurance?
No, disinclination to travel is not covered as an insured peril.
In the first instance you should contact your tour operator or transport and accommodation provider to request a refund of the costs or to change the dates of your trip.

Some of our insurers will allow us to amend the dates or destination on your policy provided an alternative trip is booked/confirmed (terms may apply).
If your trip has been cancelled due to Coronavirus insurers may offer a part of full refund of the policy.

If I contract Coronavirus when I'm on holiday will I be covered on my Travel Insurance for medical treatment?
Yes, unforeseen medical expenses and repatriation cover is included on our policies provided a full and accurate declaration was made at the time of purchase.

Can I still choose to travel if the FCO advises against it?
No, none of our policies cover customers under any section if they decide to travel against the advice of the FCO. You can stay up to date with the latest travel advice here.

Am I covered if I want to cut my trip short due to Coronavirus fears?
No, in the first instance you should contact your tour operator or transport and accommodation for their advice. If you are in a destination which is impacted by the virus you should follow advice of the local authorities.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 11:55:06 AM »
My GD has had her skiing trip postponed so  that decision was made for her.
One of my neighbours had a cruise booked and being an elderly couple with OH suffering with early Alzheimer’s  she was worried.
The company have agreed for them to cancel and will honour their payment in full if they book again by the end of the year and had a letter from their doctor confirming their vulnerability.

All companies respond in their own way so we need to make our own checks.
Our holiday is booked for early May,no idea yet what the situation will be and I am not going to worry.
We are in the senior age group both with other long standing underlying conditions well documented and known by our insurers.

Thank you for the information RJN- just seen  it.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
Thanks for the information . Like many I am in the at high risk group and planning to visit in May, we will just wait and hope for he best, we took out insurance when we booked and will go with the advice of FCO and Doctors .Lets hope for the sake of AS and all other small resorts that depends on tourism it doesn't hit too hard  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 03:31:13 PM »
TUI charge a £200 deposit per person. If you ask to re-book for any reason, you forfeit the deposit: a re-booking counts as a cancellation.  There appear to be no exceptional circumstances.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »
Thanks for the information . Like many I am in the at high risk group and planning to visit in May, we will just wait and hope for he best, we took out insurance when we booked and will go with the advice of FCO and Doctors .Lets hope for the sake of AS and all other small resorts that depends on tourism it doesn't hit too hard  :)

I do hope so,they must be very concerned.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 06:44:12 PM »
What may be worrying them are the number of Italian visitors they get in the Summer. What are the choices, do they cancel their bookings or just carry on and hope for the best?

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 11:57:29 PM »
I think Italy are talking about stopping flights which means there will be a lot of empty places in the village.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni