Author Topic: Holiday Insurance.  (Read 27938 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Holiday Insurance.
« on: January 08, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good travel insurance company for the over 65,s multi trip, worldwide, scratching my head, there are so many out there. Have minor ailments to declare, and no previous claims. Thanks for any advice folks.

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Insurance.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
Have you looked on the comparison websites Winkie? For the last two years I have used a company called Holiday Extras, found them on Compare The Market. They offered good cover for a reasonable price even with several medical conditions declared.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:06:56 PM »
Yep used Holiday Extras myself and they were reasonable. Also used Multitrip as well who are quite good. Both these were yearly policies. 
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »
Grateful thanks to both.

geordieborn

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »
Not sure how well they compare, but VirginMoney here say they cover all ages and most medical conditions.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 11:06:03 AM »
Have a look at Avanti, always had good dealings with them.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
I recommend myself as I'm an insurance broker!

geordieborn

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
I recommend myself as I'm an insurance broker!
Sounds good to me. So what should we all be looking for and what can a broker do that beat the suggested companies? For many a year we stopped getting insurance at all, but last year took out yearly insurance. Waste of time as it turned out as we only made the trip to Corfu. However, being lucky enough to be able to go where and when we want and being bothered, we could be away 3-4 times this year - all Europe.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 10:14:54 PM »
We have a good few health problems between us and are in our 70s.
We have used AXA PPP and have actually had a huge claim in our first year with them-well £38,000, and we had no problems at all or delays in settlement and all done for us after the initial call and form fill.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »
Thanks to all for your helpful posts, will trawl through the contacts later today.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
It depends what you're priority is really - I would always recommend a god level of medical expenses cover and to ensure that the cover for cancellation/curtailment is enough to cover the cost of your holiday. I would also always try and keep the policy excess below £100. If you have personal possessions cover under your home insurance then I would delete the baggage cover from the travel insurance (the level of cover is normally poor and the single article limit low in any event). Then its a case of single trip cover or annual cover, that depends totally on how often you plan on travelling. If you have pre-existing medical conditions then, personally, I would recommend going through a broker to ensure they are all fully disclosed and that the cover meets your requirements - I would say that wouldn't I  :D. If you are fit and healthy and just want basic cover then hit the comparison sites but always check the excess and also what activities are covered under the policy - just in case you are hiring quads, going scuba diving etc. Anyone wants any advice or a quote - richard.huntley@saleinsurance.co.uk

geordieborn

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »
Thanks Richard, great information for everyone.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 04:43:59 PM »
Ours comes up for renewal in early June, so I will definitely be contacting you nearer the time. The rates are pretty high for over seventy-fives!

It's not clear yet whether our EHIC cards will be valid after January 31st. In any case, I've already said that if I die in Agios Stefanos I'd prefer to be buried there, but I'm not sure how possible that is for those who are not Orthodox. I really don't see the point of flying a bag of bones back to the UK for cremation. So the main issue is hospitalisation and medical repatriation. Since I'm more likely to die of a stroke or heart attack, and in either event only rapid intervention would achieve much, it comes down to accidents.

I know that's a bit morbid - but that's the whole point, really.

GarySam

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »
We have had Sainsbuys multitrip worldwide for last four years. Never claimed and so upset one year that the premiums had jumped up in price. I was on the phone to complain and after a quick rant I became quiet as the girl explained it was for no other reason than last time you were 49, now you are 50.......Could have cried.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 03:12:43 PM »
We have had Sainsbuys multitrip worldwide for last four years. Never claimed and so upset one year that the premiums had jumped up in price. I was on the phone to complain and after a quick rant I became quiet as the girl explained it was for no other reason than last time you were 49, now you are 50.......Could have cried.

Haha ;D Bless you.!

We have our insurance attached to our bank account. I get a discount on the premium as I am a Lloyds bank pensioner (now that is old, Gary & Sam ;D) Have had a few medical claims, with no issue whatsoever. The fee includes AA cover and mobile phone cover also.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni