Author Topic: Weather in may  (Read 11546 times)

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Weather in may
« on: December 28, 2019, 07:58:03 PM »
Can anybody tell me what the weather is generally like in San Stefanos middle of may. Never been that early before.  Thank you.

geordieborn

Re: Weather in may
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
You can see this years temps here on Accuweather, then if you change the year to 2018 you will see it was a lot hotter then. I think it was Lesley on here who lives there that said Mathraki was best for the weather for AS.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 11:28:24 PM »
Can anybody tell me what the weather is generally like in San Stefanos middle of may. Never been that early before.  Thank you.

We always go that time- well have for the past 22 years and it is usually in the high 70s to 80s.
Last year we had a flukey early few days with hail and rain but it was brilliant after.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 10:11:09 AM »
The weather during May is normally pleasant and can be warm mid 20's so ideal for walking too as well as beach activities.  The island has amazing wild flowers at this time of the year and also the nightly show of spectacular fireflies.  I would always suggest warmer clothing for evenings which can be cooler. You may also get some rain but doesn't normally last long.  As my birthday falls in the 3rd week of May I can always remember it is warm enough for outdoor dining as we have a BBQ each year.  I use Meteo.gr for weather forecast and then put in Agios Stefanos Avliotes NW Corfu for a forecast via Google.......

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:16:00 PM »
Amazing time of year in the village

Offline Drewsy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:06:43 PM »
Hi we also go in May usually the middle two weeks it's usually a mix of lovely hot days and a few thundery shower days, the village is great at this time of year as everything is still relatively quiet which we like
You will have a great time😀

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »
We are going at the usual time-11th May for 3 weeks.
Not booked September yet.

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 09:06:58 PM »
Are the sunbeds on the beach in May. Also are the taverna s all open.  We like to eat at Zorbas a couple of nights and wondered if the dancing would have started then.. We hope to come 10th/24 th May staying at the Barras. See by the forum  quite a  few regulars will be there in May. We were there late September last year. We managed to catch the storm, so had no water or elec for a few hours that night. Never puts us off though.

Offline Drewsy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 10:10:35 AM »
The sun beds start going out in the first week in May it doesn't. Take long for them all to appear, last year zorbas opened for the first week but closed again during a couple of stormy days , dancing recommended in the second week😀

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
We will be there then Val at Little Prince.
Yes last there was some real freak bad weather the first week in May but we just caught the end of it.
The only place not open when we arrived was Thomas Bay who opened on about 18th.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 11:50:05 AM »
We open at Vickys where I work on 4th May first arrivals so no doubt the sunbeds below will be there.......

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 02:21:15 PM »
Thanks for all the messages all booked arriving 10th may for 2 weeks staying at the Barras we have stayed there a few times before. Really looking forward to it. May see some of you out and about them dates. 

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »
We open at Vickys where I work on 4th May first arrivals so no doubt the sunbeds below will be there.......

A friend of ours stays there every year -first 2 weeks in May.
A bit too steep a climb on a regular basis for us I am afraid.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni