Author Topic: Celebrity Lookalike  (Read 9795 times)

Offline Bill Smyth

• View Profile
Celebrity Lookalike
« on: December 06, 2019, 05:55:26 PM »
Kalimera,
I'm new to your forum and this is my first post.
During another fantastic family holiday in Agios Stefanos this year (July/August), I met a lovely couple who had been visiting AS for many years (staying in the Nafsika etc. over the years). They would lounge most days on the beds in front of the Mistral and have lunch there. They are from Hull and one of the most remarkable things about them is that the husband looks very like Jeremy Corbyn!!!
By any chance do any of the readers know their name(s)? I would love to know if I'll be lucky enough to see them in 2020.
Ef Kharisto Poli.

Bill Smyth

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity Lookalike
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:25:47 PM »
That sounds slot like Jimbo.!!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 06:54:45 PM »
Hello Bill, welcome to the forum! That sounds like Jimbo and the lovely Gillie :)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 09:47:30 PM »
It's Jimbo (Jim Hawkins), looks like Jeremy Corbyn but a lot older and deffo not a celebrity even though he's a writer and a broadcaster.

Offline Bill Smyth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 12:27:26 AM »
Thank you all for the information. They are a lovely couple and I do hope they visit AS next year.

Bill Smyth

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 02:22:13 AM »
Dear Bill. Lovely to hear from you. I wish we were sitting around in front of Mistral on a hot day looking forward to a few beers!

Jeremy is seven years younger than me, but by the time the election's over he'll probably have overtaken me. In any case, wherever he goes campaigning people say to him "Bloody hell - you look just like Jim Hawkins, only older!" However, Jeremy's face is a lot longer than mine, he lacks my incredible innate charm, and he's a crap disco dancer. I feel a bit sorry for him - if he genuinely had my Adonis-like features he'd romp home past Bumbling Boris.

When I was a BBC Radio Humberside producer and presenter my voice was very well-known in the region. I was at an event one day and woman came up to me and asked "Are you Jim Hawkins?"

"Yes," I replied. She looked me up and down and said "How disappointing!"

Being a celebrity's not all it's cracked up to be...

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 08:54:53 AM »
Hello Jimbo. I have no wish to hijack this thread but i just have to ask which part of Hull you are from? The Memsahib Lyn and I both hail from that wonderful city, myself being a Hessle Road lad.
Chris

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »
Hi Chris - we're just off Princes Avenue, near Pearson Park.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 01:41:09 PM »
I remember my first meet with Jim. We were having a beer at the Nafsika pool. Had seen his posts on here and knew him and Gillie were about. I asked are you Jimbo? and the rest is history! Delightful man and far more intelligent and interesting than Corbyn! Oh and better looking of course! :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »
Bless you Karen. When it's cold at night and I'm lying in bed, chilled and sad, I think of you, and the bed soon becomes as warm as toast.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
Bless you Karen. When it's cold at night and I'm lying in bed, chilled and sad, I think of you, and the bed soon becomes as warm as toast.

Bless you Jim :) Missed you both this year :(

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 01:51:40 AM »
Hi Chris - we're just off Princes Avenue, near Pearson Park.
Hi Jimbo. We used to play in Pearson park quite a lot, though Pickering Park was our local. Lyn and I met T DeLaPole hospital and first holidayed in San Stefanos in (I think) 1982. We stayed in Villa Panorama and just fell in love with the place and the people.
Very pleased you are not the actual JC.
Chris

Offline Bill Smyth

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »
Thank you for your response Jimbo. We should really change the subject heading to "Celebrities" based on your joint popularity on this forum and your individual CV.
Yes I agree with you (especially with the nasty weather we are witnessing at the moment) that it would be lovely to sit at the Mistral and soak up the lovely sun and sip some lovely Mythos very slowly.
One of the occasions I saw you both was when we were body surfing on a lively day in AS trying to recapture our lost youth!!! That was in July this year.
Bill

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 10:26:46 AM »
As someone living here (Avliotes) and working down in Agios Stefanos, I always look forward to meeting up with very dear friends Jim & Gillie, over the years we have had many laughs & glasses of wine together.  See you next summer xx

GarySam

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 02:05:40 PM »
Talking of lookalikes, in 2017 there was a waiter at the Havana beach bar who was the double of Billy Mitchell from Eastenders. He was not there in 2019. Any other good lookalikes in and around the village?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni