Author Topic: Beachbummer  (Read 37394 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Beachbummer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »
I hear he allegedly is unlicensed which is unfair on the other hoteliers

I'm surprised the other sunbed owners havent complained to their local council then.

joan

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 11:54:30 AM »
Perhaps because he's hidden at the end no one really sees him.
Yesterday a chap was digging to make a channel for the sea to flow into an existing pool to make it a little deeper for him to lie in
I heard voices but they were speaking German guess who it was? No prizes.
The chap went back to where he was and then returned a little later to carry on making the the channel. So looks as if our man in a skirt was at it again.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
The locals would know he was there. The sunshades are the big wooden ones, so it has taken something to set it all up. Very strange. We welcome the beds being there as it's easier for my husband, but skirtman has no rights to dictate who goes on his 'patch'

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »
Let's hope he keeps on being told where to go.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »
Well, we finally did our walk along the beach today, went all the way down to the nudist part (the sights you see when you haven't got a gun), but there was no trace of the beskirt

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »
Sorry about that, predictive text doesn't like the word "beskirted" - meant to say the beskirted menace. Maybe he doesn't work Sunday?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 08:50:54 PM »
Barbara, he has a little encampment at the beginning of the sunbeds and has another man and sometimes a woman with him.

Offline anna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »
as "Mad greec" is not with this forum, it is utterly unfair (politely said..) to write that you HEARD he is unlicensed. He has done all legal procedures with the Corfu town authoriities last year, took part in the call for rentals concerning parts of the beach- as all other sunbedowners have to do !!. He got his permission, has paid the fee ( which is not low) for two years and is in all ways legal! I translated his papers, as he lives abroad in winters) You might have had an unpleasant experience or talks , i wasnt there..wont judge that. And yes, the beach is public, but some common sense wont harm, when the whole beach is empty more or less, and especially at the far end.......... and there is no real need to spread one's towels right in front of others, whoever they may be!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »
Thanks a for explaining that Anna. Joan did say they were 25-30 metres away at the waters edge, not right in front of the sunbeds. We used his beds this year and someone tried to set up to the side quite a way away and he moved them on. People are not moved on at the top end of the  beach. However I do have to say, he was polite and helpful when we were  there. :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »
Point well-made Anna! But it might be good to pass on the message that he might be wise to be a little bit less territorial over this large expanse of sand.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 04:02:05 PM »
Point well-made Anna! But it might be good to pass on the message that he might be wise to be a little bit less territorial over this large expanse of sand.

Quite right Jim. :)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
Might he be worried about the turtles eggs?

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 12:49:36 AM »
Hope they are safe

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 02:12:02 AM »
Anne Wenz Dorou posted this on Facebook:

"Writing on behalf of Mad Greec, and his local business "Relaxing point" which is the area at the end of the beach with ombrellas. Mad greec , Kostas is the actual name, has to cope with a very recent and sad loss of a close family member and  all things involved . As we are good friends he asked me to informvisitors to Agios Stefanos  about some very unpleasant and really mean posts about him, posted a few days ago,  on the sanstefanos forum with the title BEACHBUMMER. Quite many members from this group might be on http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php. .
Here's the story:
a British couple, thinking they "own the world", or Agios Stefanos (in their own words) , because they have been coming for many years, were upset about him as he asked them to move on a bit ,after they had choosen to place themselves right in front of the sunbeds he rents out, thus annoying his customers. There had been plenty of empty space  in the area for the couple to settle themselves nicely . just a few meters further down the beach.
Anyway, the conversation they had was not the most pleasant one, Kostas gave in in the end. The other point and reason he asks people to move on just a bit, is the turtle eggs' protection the police asked for. If a few people place themselves near to the site.. others will follow, as we all know.
Now, complaining is not forbidden in this country, but spreading false accusations is not acceptable! . The complaining person on the forum , a Joan- whoever that might be- wrote this :
,"JOAN :I hear he allegedly is unlicensed which is unfair on the other hoteliers"...............
Kostas asks for an immediate public apology for this ! He is fully and legaly licensed from the Corfu authorities for last year's season and this year's, paying rent , taxes and whatever else involved.  He is utterly upset and sad about the incident.
There is no need for comments here, please just be informed.  Sadly quite many long year visitors seem to think they "own" the place and its people , in many cases! They don't, none of us , local or foreign, does!
Please show respect and consideration for businesses, all kind of changes , families, relationships and much more!"

Offline anna

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 11:04:41 AM »
subject closed for Kostas. As i had said, he is not on this forum, and has got enough other problems right now personally. It was important to him to state that all he does is legal.One cant just keep quiet when false accusation are made.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni