Author Topic: general question  (Read 52876 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: general question
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2019, 06:04:14 PM »
I think it's called debate.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2019, 07:03:28 PM »
It is and we have had the debate which resulted in nobody changing their opinion.
People still see things differently as is the case in most walks of life.

I am just counting down the days to take off.

Offline simonE

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2019, 07:29:59 PM »
It is indeed very hot! Not much of an exaggeration to say we haven't seen a cloud since we arrived here last Sunday. Hope it stays goid for you in September Maggie.

geordieborn

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2019, 08:08:36 PM »
Sorry folks, but I for one welcome the information, and the time members have taking to post. It is certainly a help to us to know what others do and why and then decide what will work for us. Of course we also love the posts of people’s experiences there and past history of the place, it all builds up a picture of the place. If someone posts something which is not of great interest to me I’ll jump to the next post or have a view of the lovely webcams.  So many thanks to Maggie, Jimbo, Karen and Shawty.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2019, 09:29:25 PM »
Thanks, geordieborn.

Simon - This forum was more or less dead when the Facebook groups started so that people could upload pictures of their dinner and cats. Some of us have tried very hard to keep it alive. It's great when new people join. It's great when there's some discussion. Many of us have made friends on here, whom we've met in the flesh in the village. We try to help with any questions that arise, and sometimes we disagree. That's life.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2019, 10:12:09 PM »
There are quite a few people who have joined and read up on here but have not yet dipped there toes in the water.
Two people recognised me back in May from my avatar,and someone saying ‘Hello Maggie’ ;D

It is a very useful place of contact and there is a wealth of diverse experience on here.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2019, 10:14:39 PM »
The stops are on the TUI app about two days before your flight so you can roughly work out how long the transfer is.

Thank you, I don't use the app :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »
Maggie, my father was a preacher and I left it to him. Pointing out facts is not preaching. Because you behave decently does not mean that everybody does.

Are Karen and Shawty preaching????

Not me Jim ;D I'm like you all and do what suits us best, that can change from year to year. If we have a daytime transfer, I'm quite happy to take the coach and see the lovely views.  However, I do remember one year, when Thomson changed the coach drivers, we had been on the coach 3 hours, when we eventually got to San Stef, we asked the coach driver to let us get off and we would walk the rest of the way!! ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2019, 10:23:21 PM »
Sorry folks, but I for one welcome the information, and the time members have taking to post. It is certainly a help to us to know what others do and why and then decide what will work for us. Of course we also love the posts of people’s experiences there and past history of the place, it all builds up a picture of the place. If someone posts something which is not of great interest to me I’ll jump to the next post or have a view of the lovely webcams.  So many thanks to Maggie, Jimbo, Karen and Shawty.

You're very welcome and I agree with you.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2019, 10:25:32 PM »
Thanks, geordieborn.

Simon - This forum was more or less dead when the Facebook groups started so that people could upload pictures of their dinner and cats. Some of us have tried very hard to keep it alive. It's great when new people join. It's great when there's some discussion. Many of us have made friends on here, whom we've met in the flesh in the village. We try to help with any questions that arise, and sometimes we disagree. That's life.

Agreed Jim,I do not use Facebook for anything and several of us try to keep this forum going all year round and I have been thanked for my little updates whilst we are there. :)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »
Thanks, geordieborn.

Well said Jimbo, your comment about dinners and cats had me in stitches, so so true.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
I don’t use Facebook at all.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2019, 11:41:20 PM »
Neither do I.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2019, 01:30:19 AM »
I started this particular topic so I'm delighted with the response and I agree with Jimbo that its been a very good "debate".

People do what they want to do, there's no right or wrong just different approaches, circumstances etc etc.

I also believe very strongly that "debate" keeps this forum alive. There are often opinions voiced that I don't agree with but thats no different to discussions I have in the pub/work or within my own family. I put my point of view, consider others, respond and so on. Sometimes I reconsider my view and sometimes I become more entrenched that's just the way it is. Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same.

I love it on here so thanks to all fellow forum users who take time out to contribute.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2019, 02:37:46 AM »
Sorry but if we are being honest forums are dying.

It’s old school social media. If you don’t use Facebook for anything else then at least use it to keep abreast of what’s actually happening in the resort right now this instance.

Yes pictures of food does not do it for me but most of the time posts on FB are relevant and interesting, and you can can get involved.

This forum will not exist in 2 years time. Those who disagree need to buy a smart phone 😜

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni