Author Topic: general question  (Read 52864 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
general question
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:10:09 PM »
We've booked a package holiday with TUI for 6th Sept at the Rose Gardens however we don't fancy the coach ride from the airport because of the timing and previous experience. We intend to book a taxi. Obviously I'll tell the TUI reps we won't be needing the coach but can I anticipate problems with them as a result? It should be straight-forward but you never know.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: general question
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 09:40:17 PM »
No, no problem. We’ve done it often. But make sure to let them know if you intend to use the return transfer.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:51:05 PM »
No we had a taxi in July as it was a night flight, we still went back on the coach, as it left at 8.30pm. We had a taxi from the travel agent next to Bar 38, booked by Elisseos at Silver Moon. Cost us € 55, 50 minutes to resort, would definitely book them again :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:33:47 AM by Karen »

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 11:49:23 PM »
We've booked a package holiday with TUI for 6th Sept at the Rose Gardens however we don't fancy the coach ride from the airport because of the timing and previous experience. We intend to book a taxi. Obviously I'll tell the TUI reps we won't be needing the coach but can I anticipate problems with them as a result? It should be straight-forward but you never know.

We always use a taxi,we ring him the week before we come and tell a Tui rep when we arrive.We do tell them it will be both ways but we remind our rep at a Little Prince too.
Shouldn’t be a problem we never have a problem.
There is a lovely taxi driver in San Stef now.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 03:13:35 PM »
My personal view is that using a taxi is a daft waste of money. Our TUI buses this year were efficient and not a problem. From airport to Agios Stefanos was 75 minutes. Pretty much the same on the way back yesterday. Had we booked a taxi, that would have been a saving of about one hour of travel time at a cost of over £100.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
We pay €60 and it is wonderful to collect the luggage walk out and get straight in a taxi and off to San Stef.
No waiting or hanging about and very welcome after the journey.
Coming home too not having to leave too early and hang around.
The journey is part of the holiday and money well spent for us.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 06:29:17 PM »
We pay €60 and it is wonderful to collect the luggage walk out and get straight in a taxi and off to San Stef.
No waiting or hanging about and very welcome after the journey.
Coming home too not having to leave too early and hang around.
The journey is part of the holiday and money well spent for us.

Agree with you Maggie, we had to wait on another flight one time using TUI bus. Now we always use the new taxi service which I think is based in Arillas?. Yes its a lot of money, but like you, we think its worth the extra to get to our hotel earlier.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 07:15:49 PM »
We had a taxi going to resort, mainly because we didn't get there until 11pm and we wanted to get straight to resort. You never know how long you have to wait for the coach to leave the airport, waiting for other travellers. It took 50 minutes to resort, those that were on our flight took 2 hours from collecting their cases, to resort. It worked for us. :)

geordieborn

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 12:09:57 AM »
We had a taxi going to resort, mainly because we didn't get there until 11pm and we wanted to get straight to resort. You never know how long you have to wait for the coach to leave the airport, waiting for other travellers. It took 50 minutes to resort, those that were on our flight took 2 hours from collecting their cases, to resort. It worked for us. :)

Ha! Many years back those 75 minutes/2 hrs. were a pain, but still Spiro was waiting at the Nafsika to welcome us at 2am (was Thompsons back then)! The taxi has been a cheap solution ever since, getting your own accommodation and flights is by far much cheaper, so paying for a taxi is nothing, you are still quids in…

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 12:14:23 AM »
Ive been booking my taxi through Noula at San Stef Travel for a few years now and they've never let me down yet. I travel with hand luggage only and I'm in the village with a beer in my hand some 50 minutes after leaving the airport!

geordieborn

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 01:41:42 AM »
Ive been booking my taxi through Noula at San Stef Travel for a few years now and they've never let me down yet. I travel with hand luggage only and I'm in the village with a beer in my hand some 50 minutes after leaving the airport!
Yes, a lovely lady Noula.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 02:29:15 AM »
All that's good to know folks, thanks. Will book taxi via either Noula or Mycorfudriver website. We're on holiday so the money doesn't worry me.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
Our taxi drivers ( 2 brothers and dad now retired)have become great friends to us.
We phone them before we come and gove them a time when we need collecting,but every time we come over they collect us to spend a day with the family in their village-Pavliana down south.they feed us to the teeth ;D and all the family come round.
when OH was taken into hospital for 12 days a few years ago and I had to leave they were visiting him every day taking him papers and treats and getting washing done,then phoning me every day.
So many people from San Stef went to visit him too.

There is a taxi in San Stef now-Nikos lives near Maria's paper shop and we used him for local trips like health centre and evenings out -lovely man.I have his number and email if anyone would like it.

joan

Re: general question Nikos taxi
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 03:16:12 PM »
Hi Maggie

Do you have to book in advance with Nikos ? We Like to go to Avliotes for an evening (where we can get the bus in), it  would be ideal for a taxi back to SS.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »
You can phone or text him on 00306936770467 or email on nikos.hoes@hotmail.com

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni