Author Topic: general question  (Read 52920 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: general question
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2019, 03:25:39 AM »
Sorry but if we are being honest forums are dying.

It’s old school social media. If you don’t use Facebook for anything else then at least use it to keep abreast of what’s actually happening in the resort right now this instance.

Yes pictures of food does not do it for me but most of the time posts on FB are relevant and interesting, and you can can get involved.

This forum will not exist in 2 years time. Those who disagree need to buy a smart phone 😜
I disagree, the forums will be here long after Facebook.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2019, 11:16:10 AM »
You may well be right Karen but I hope not,and there are two forums of which I am a member other than this one which will certainly not be gone.

FB had no  appeal whatever although my family used to press me to join-and I already have a smart phone.I am  lost cause then ;D ;D

GarySam

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2019, 11:50:05 AM »
I have a smartphone, tablet, laptop and PC, but have no desire to have facebook. My choice, not right, not wrong.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
As I've said, Maggie, I don't use FB, so I hope this forum continues , it is a mine of information for people, especially new visitors, I know it was for me, when we first started to go to San Stefanos :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2019, 11:53:53 AM »
I have a smartphone, tablet, laptop and PC, but have no desire to have facebook. My choice, not right, not wrong.

Yes, me too :)

GarySam

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »
My social media begins and ends with linkedin for work, and here. oh also Arillas.com, I'm nosey  ;)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »
My social media begins and ends with linkedin for work, and here. oh also Arillas.com, I'm nosey  ;)

I know I'm old but I don't get the FB thing, why do some people live out their lives on there? :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »
Benson - I have several high-performance computers with dual 24" monitors. Why would I bother squinting at the poxy little screen on my smartphone?

I do look at Facebook, but not all the time, and never on my phone. My phone is for emergency calls when travelling. The idea of people watching films on a phone fills me with the horror.

Forums like this far more useful for finding information than Facebook's ephemeral interface. There's more than a decade's worth of info here. The forum will still be going in two years if people continue to use it and San Stefano Travel continue to host it.

Personally I think cats are vermin whose entire purpose in life is to decimate the bird population, and I don't give a stuff if XXX is at YYY with ZZZ. It's just noise. I cannot eat pictures of other peoples' dinners. I cannot drink the cocktail they are proudly holding up.

So you're welcome to it! Cheers! 

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2019, 12:43:53 PM »
Love that Jim ;D

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »
GS I have a PC,laptop,tablet and smartphone but couldn’t care less about FB.
I do get snaky when people insist on telling me that I MUST join,or I don’t know what I am missing.
Those who wish me to know their business can inform me themselves,if not I don’t want to know and I treat them in a similar way.Nothing seems to be personal or sacred any more.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2019, 01:37:05 PM »
Quite right Maggie :)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2019, 06:04:23 PM »
I have a smartphone for emergency purposes and to keep in contact with my sons but have no interest in any social media of any kind.

Maybe its my age but I have no interest in sharing my eating, drinking habits with total strangers
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »
I have a smartphone for emergency purposes and to keep in contact with my sons but have no interest in any social media of any kind.

Maybe its my age but I have no interest in sharing my eating, drinking habits with total strangers

With you all the way there.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2019, 11:07:26 PM »
I'm with you Gary.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2019, 11:10:56 PM »
I know I'm old but I don't get the FB thing, why do some people live out their lives on there? :)
I couldn't agree more Karen!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni