Author Topic: And another one....?  (Read 22904 times)

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: And another one....?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »
Yes it is, just got to make a few adjustments to our journey :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »
We received the same warm welcome in May this year,it will interesting to get their take on the season when we go later.

We have been offered the use of a house for the whole winter but down south by our taxi driver family.Use of a car and a new 2 bed bungalow with CH.
We have never taken up the offer and to be honest Ireally do prefer San Stef and the NW in general.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »
I will keep an eye out for the results of your next visit. I have tried various resorts in Corfu and also prefer the NW .

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 09:35:46 PM »
Yes Dupnica I do believe it was the post from you on the old “flights or package” topic. Do wish I had read it all before repeating the subject recently :-[.
Thanks to you, we do now recall the old girl sitting outside the trinket shop and what must be Thanassis lovely sister looking after it? If you were there in 1990 I guess Nikos did not then have the 2 apartments (now 4) on the right as you go up the hill? It was one of those we stayed in first time around.
To find your post again I had to go through many more, some very interesting threads.... Shame people let what’s said here get to them and they leave the forum, but I do understand in some cases why they do when people get so heated.
I'm trying to remember what was on the right as you go up the hill and I think it was just Nikos' family home. The big house where Thanasis and Christina live is relatively recent.

I was interested to read about Peter Skinner, I remember him well and spent a few balmy October afternoons sitting outside Manthos chatting over a few G and Ts. Happy days.

geordieborn

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2019, 09:57:37 PM »
These were their latest apartments (in 1993) where we stayed, they were only 2 single story apartments back then. I was just wondering when they built them. Yep Peter was certainly interesting.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2019, 10:12:16 PM »
I will keep an eye out for the results of your next visit. I have tried various resorts in Corfu and also prefer the NW .

We were there for our usual visit in May and to be honest I thought it was quite dirty there in comparison,there didn’t seem to be the pride in the area that there is in San Stef.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:38:12 AM by maggiesaes »

geordieborn

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2019, 11:16:14 PM »
Agios Stefanous dirty Maggie? Or have I had too much vino again... ::)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 10:41:32 AM »
Agios Stefanous dirty Maggie? Or have I had too much vino again... ::)

Yes you have I'm afraid ;D
Ag Stef is brilliant it's the south which was scruffy and dirty with rubbish everywhere and the contrast was very apparent,so much so that our taxi driver remarked on it and said he understood why we like San Ag Stef so much.

geordieborn

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
Yes you have I'm afraid ;D
Ag Stef is brilliant it's the south which was scruffy and dirty with rubbish everywhere and the contrast was very apparent,so much so that our taxi driver remarked on it and said he understood why we like San Ag Stef so much.

Thanks Maggie…. :-[
Have to say going back to the airport we were horrified by the amount of rubbish piled up along the way and even more so in Corfu town. A quick read yesterday through Lesley’s old post I glanced at something about the rubbish and assume there is/was a dispute. It needs to be sorted as it’s not a good first impression. Fortunately when we came in it was dark and the roads busy, so went via the harbour. AgiosS was of course very much the same, with little change and quite spruce!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »
Yes there seems to often be a dispute of some kind with the bins but San Stef is kept tidy because everyone takes pride in keeping it so now -locals and visitors because we want to keep it so.
Recycling has taken off I am pleased to see and I would hope to see it spread through  the island.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni