Author Topic: Afionas  (Read 15079 times)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Afionas
« on: July 11, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »
We had a great walk today along the coast to Afionas.

It took us around 2 hours, but that included a 45 minute stop for coffee and baklava in Arillas. Although it was really windy in San Stef it, it was much more sheltered in Afionas.

We had lunch in the Porto Timoni restaurant which had the most picturesque views. The deep blue and turquoise colours of Saint Georgios Bay were beautiful. From up high the windsurfers and paddle boarders seemed to be just floating and ebbing away gently in the hot sun.

As always, the walk home seemed quicker, but the refuelling stop in Akrotiri came at the right time.

For those interested, we left Nondas just before 11am and got back about 4.30pm. A great day out......no doubt our calf muscles will remember it tomorrow.

Yammas.  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:13:11 AM by loftyscot »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Afionas
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 12:57:50 AM »
It's a great walk, that. We've done it, but I fear that age and decrepitude rule it out again.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
It was a perfect day for a walk yesterday :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
Yes sadly it is beyond us now but a lovely walk.

GarySam

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »
It was almost beyond me in 2017 on our last visit, but if I could do it last time, I will do it this time and if I do it this time I will do it next time.......I hope  ;)

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
I'd love to give this walk a try! Maybe in a couple of weeks when we get there..............

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
It was almost beyond me in 2017 on our last visit, but if I could do it last time, I will do it this time and if I do it this time I will do it next time.......I hope  ;)

I hope you make it,let us know.

GarySam

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 02:22:25 PM »
Well we managed it again in September 2019. We chose a day when there was thunderstorm early on, first 45 minutes was in the rain. Joyous relief. By the time we reached the Panorama Restaurant and apartments it was sunny. By the time we got to Afionas itself we were amazed at the changes from 2017. A new craft shop had opened up which was really good value with lots of olive wood items and personalised gifts as you waited. On the headland where the seats and views are, work had been done to erect a large cross with a couple of flags on a raised stone area, there was also a refreshment stand with a few tables. The biggest surprise was that the Dionysos Restaurant and apartments has been totally remodelled and is now called Zeus Throne. Same great views of St Georges Bay and wonderful food. Wonder if we will see further changes on 2020. 

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »
We got there but not on foot.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 06:12:03 PM »
San Stefanos Travel have minibus trips check via this forum or email Noula on info@san-stefano.gr to visit Afionas....

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni