Author Topic: Manthos Taverna.  (Read 37088 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Manthos Taverna.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 08:11:56 PM »
The tops of the sunbeds visible in the Nafsika webcam are in front of Mistral - my favourite place to crash!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 06:34:44 PM »
The tops of the sunbeds visible in the Nafsika webcam are in front of Mistral - my favourite place to crash!

Sounds great Jim :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 03:07:53 PM »
Again mixed reviews for the restyled Manthos, food still quite good but slow service.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 01:32:22 PM »
Again mixed reviews for the restyled Manthos, food still quite good but slow service.

Most of the time while in San Stef I can live with slow service but at Manthos with that sun setting it can still be very hot. Have to see what others say about it before our Sept visit.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »
Most of the time while in San Stef I can live with slow service but at Manthos with that sun setting it can still be very hot. Have to see what others say about it before our Sept visit.

It certainly can, we don't eat until about 9.30pm so that is more comfortable for us :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »
I'll be suprised if it's too hot in September! It was bloody freezing on my birthday last year!

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 12:43:13 PM »
A little late review of the new "Manthos". Popped in for lunch one afternoon, only two tables occupied. The makeover is just ok, the atmosphere completely different, no traditional Greek music which Manthos loved to play, and the bar area now where the stage once was. Four guys waiting the tables, all chatting away to each other, oblivious to us sitting at our table. I approached the serving hatch to ask for a menu, they were pointed out to me on the counter, no words spoken. We eventually were asked for drinks, and at the same time ordered lunch. This arrived pretty quickly,and was very good, and a good plateful. The views remain the same, amazing, could sit here all day,with a cold beer and watch the world go by. Felt the staff were stand offish, no conversation at all with anyone there at that time, might go back in September, and hopefully feel more comfortable.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
I'll be suprised if it's too hot in September! It was bloody freezing on my birthday last year!

Bring your coat Jim
 ;D

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »
That's not good Winkie :( I didn't realise it was the people from Romanza who owned it  now, so I would have thought that the service would have been better. We were in Nafsica last night and there weren't many in manthos then.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2019, 03:22:16 PM »
That's not good Winkie :( I didn't realise it was the people from Romanza who owned it  now, so I would have thought that the service would have been better. We were in Nafsica last night and there weren't many in manthos then.
Andreas from Romania are only renting from Manthos they don't own it. I'm surprised they weren't busy last night as Thursday is their party night. There was nothing wrong with the service when Manthos was running it ,the food was excellent and you didn't have to wait long and there was always a warm welcome.

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2019, 04:22:36 PM »
After everyone gave it such favourable reviews on here, we were going to try it the other week, but it must be the only place in San Stef with no menus outside so we gave it a miss

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »
That was the reason we didn’t eat there, too. Seems odd.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »
That was the reason we didn’t eat there, too. Seems odd.

I think there was a chalk board outside last night.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
Andreas from Romania are only renting from Manthos they don't own it. I'm surprised they weren't busy last night as Thursday is their party night. There was nothing wrong with the service when Manthos was running it ,the food was excellent and you didn't have to wait long and there was always a warm welcome.

Ah thank you. No party Thursday night.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2019, 12:04:23 AM »
Someone told me today that the Thursday nights are a winner?
Strange.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni