Author Topic: Manthos Taverna.  (Read 37084 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Manthos Taverna.
« on: April 28, 2019, 12:43:00 PM »
Apparently it has had a makeover in the close season, and from what I could see, it looks stunning. One of the best, if not thee best, sunset spots in the village. Ate here a few times, and the food is excellent, and the cold beers too. I wish the new management all the very best for the summer season, and will definitely drop in for a meal or two again during our stay at Fedra. Hope they have oxtail soup on the menu still, the best ever tasted.

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Manthos Taverna.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 01:18:50 PM »
Must agree with you food excellent there is a video of the inside when they must of had the opening night its on andreas facebook im not on Facebook but you can still view the video looks lovely inside

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
Got to be on this year's list for a visit then.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 05:53:59 PM »
When Katie was at Romanza I always said it was some of the best food in the village.
Looking forward to sampling it here

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 01:04:25 AM »
Must say I preferred it when it was a good old-fashioned taverna, with Manthos in charge, than the more up-market version of recent times. We'll see.

I agree - Manthos and Beachcomber have the best sunsets apart from Akrotiri. They beat Panorama by a mile, I think.

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 01:57:05 AM »
Looks good and hopefully will get more people to venture around the corner and also try Nafsika and Fantasea

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 08:22:02 PM »
Must say I preferred it when it was a good old-fashioned taverna, with Manthos in charge, than the more up-market version of recent times. We'll see.

I agree - Manthos and Beachcomber have the best sunsets apart from Akrotiri. They beat Panorama by a mile, I think.
Yes the new facelift looks very pretty but can't help feeling a pang of nostalgia for the old taverna and mine host Manthos.

I'll even miss the faded picture of roses that hung by the toilets and the other pictures painted by Manthos' wife. Gone are the days when Manthos used to sneak up with a lobster and frighten some poor, unsuspecting customer or invite you into the kitchen to choose your fish.
It was just the most relaxing place to sit and enjoy lunch or evening meal . I hope he new hosts manage to keep that relaxed atmosphere.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »
We may take a look, instead of eating in the same place all the time :)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
Manthos was a great taverna. I remember one evening, a man dashing in and thrusting 20 euros in my hand. I think his name was Jimbo.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 05:40:56 PM »
A simple man, honouring a wager.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »
I loved the original Manthos it really did have something special about it.
We had OH's old uncle with us one year about 20 years ago and it was his favourite place he loved to chat there.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
It won't be the same. It was always one of the old style taverna's much loved by visitors to San Stef. We will certainly miss it.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 02:29:23 PM »
Rave reviews about the food and the changes made to Manthos Taverna. Does anyone know if the loungers are still out front, my favourite place to sun worship,and pop to the bar for a cold beer  8).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 06:09:25 PM »
Rave reviews about the food and the changes made to Manthos Taverna. Does anyone know if the loungers are still out front, my favourite place to sun worship,and pop to the bar for a cold beer  8).

From looking at the Nafsika webcam, I can see some sunbeds nearby :)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

Couldn't agree more Winkie. 8)
When God created Wales he was just showing off

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni