Author Topic: Eating out  (Read 15810 times)

Offline AndrewK

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Eating out
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:53:38 PM »
The clock, as they say, is ticking and it will soon be the new season

It's been done before but which are the best restaurants in San Stefanos ?

Of course it's all down to opinion, but here goes anyway

Our first port of call has always been Yiannis Grill and Restaurant on the Arillas road just before Town Pizza.

If there is better prepared food or better value in the village I have missed it.

There is always the warmest of welcomes and what's on offer is very competitively priced.

Second in is Manthos on the road heading to the harbour which is pretty basic but has a very traditional feel (at least, the that was the case when Manthos was in charge but he retired in the autumn - so it we will have to wait and see how things are under the new banner).

Anybody with slightly deeper pockets should give Delfino Blu a try as it's hard to fault what is usually on offer and everything is served very professionally and with a smile.

Yes, as I have already alluded to the fact that it is a bit more expensive than the other eateries but 'you pays your money and you takes your choice'!

A couple of years ago Fantasea would have made the cut but I must admit to being a bit disappointed on our only visit last summer. Perhaps it was just an off night and will probably give the place another chance as it has been good in the past.

Others worth a mention Waves (good service), Beachcomber (also good service) and if you just want a snack earlier in the evening try the Havana Bar

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:43:32 PM by AndrewK »

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Eating out
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:01:00 PM »
For nostalgia reasons our choices would be

1. Beachcomber
2. Manthos
3. Zorba's

Though we do like Olympia and Yiannis grill.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »
Cant beat a full English breakfast from Condor!! Heading there on the morning of Thursday 9 May!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:22:03 PM »
Olympia has always been our favourite. Then in no particular order Little Prince, Brusko, Barras, Zorbas, 2 Stars
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 02:43:52 AM »
So many to choose from, but here goes with our must do list in no particular order, though rarely had a bad meal anywhere:
Brusko - some different items on the menu to the usual fare, excellent quality. Wife and daughter always have mussels paradise.
Beachcomber - Fabulous setting and service, again some different dishes for a change
Fantasea - Great seafood and selection of gin! Great host
Yiannis Grill - mmm Lamb on the spit or a cheeky Gyros!
Yiannis restaurant - Orange pie a must
Waves - lunchtime meze for a break from the sun
And looking forward to Manthos Taverna as I know the quality of food and service will be excellent under Andreas and Katie
There’s not a place though that doesn’t try their hardest, spoilt for choice really and 14 days never enough to fit them all in. Always come away and say there was somewhere we never got around to this year!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »
Gotta agree with you on Yiannis Grill being excellent value. The mixed grill at €8 is hard to beat anywhere in the village.

We also love a couple nights down at Waves, great service and fish dishes especially tasty.

Last year we tried Mistral a couple of times and had two excellent meals. Will definately be eating here again in August.

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 07:37:15 PM »
In no particular order, but more from a routine perspective:

1. Yiannis Grill - we always make bee-line on our first day and usually before we go to the hotel or do any shopping. Gyros & Beer, welcome home!!  :)
2. Barras - Generally our first evening meal. Always a warm welcome and the Lamb Kleftico is just gorgeous.
3. Beer O'clock - we've been really impressed with their food over the last couple of years and is now slowly becoming our favourite in resort.
4. Waves - for lunches several times.
5. Nafsika - Try the Greek Wine / Food tasting session if you can, Spiros is an excellent host.
6. Condor - Awesome breakfasts, especially if you've had a heavy night.
7. absolutlely anywhere else: Town Pizza, Yiannis Restaurant, Brusko, Zorbas, Little Prince, Olympia, Beachcomber, Fantasea, Manthos, etc, etc.

Sometimes its just too hard trying to fit them all in two weeks, which is one of the reasons we all love to keep on returning  ;D 8) ;)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 08:25:05 PM »
Agree with all the above. We mostly have a light lunch at Mistral - close to the beach with delicious food.

Offline BorisBiggins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 12:27:23 AM »
Hello and gud night from Boris in Albania

The best place to get food is from the place with ginger singing man

Mrs Boris love his cheesy baguette

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 04:44:32 AM »
My stomach just growled and I am salivating. Roll on August.
Cannot choose a particular favourite place to eat. They are all marvellous.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 01:25:53 PM »
As you say it is always personal but I have not had good meal in Yiannis  Grill and Restaurant and gave up on them three years ago.Likewise Brusko although we did only go once and were very disappointed so never returned.
All the others we mentioned we use regularly.
Liked Captain Octopus but he was only there for one season.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:28:07 PM by maggiesaes »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 01:36:09 PM »
We enjoyed 2 stars last year. Much more comfortable in the larger restaurant. Always full and saw people being turned away last year. Greek night on a Thursday, great fun!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »
Maggie

Have you been to Yiannis when Vaso and Yiannis have had it? Or was it still run by the older guys?

It's great now. The corfiot lamb with mint sauce is one of my fave meals all holiday!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 08:55:50 PM »
With you there, Gav.  BUt I think people get confused between Yannis on the "high street" and Yiannis and Vaso on the Arillas road.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 11:20:13 AM »
I know which is which,neither was there when we first went 21 years ago😆
It was Yiannis on Arillas Road and he was less than honest about the menu.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 11:22:43 AM by maggiesaes »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni