Author Topic: On my own  (Read 8351 times)

Offline VikkiSam

• View Profile
On my own
« on: March 05, 2022, 09:50:38 PM »
I spent a lovely week in San Stefanos way back in 2008 with my hubby and x2 boys.
Circumstances have now changed, and this year wiill be the first holiday on my own. (grown up kids and now no husband - seperated)
I would like to know, if this would be a safe place for a single female. (My gut feeling says it is).
Where could I stay? In 2008 we stayed at Tsaros apartments. (Not looking for anything posh with all inclusive.)
How long does it take from the airport? (I remember a long coach journey with a youngster that was travel sick!!)
Would probably get a taxi. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you in advance.
Looking at mid (14th) September 2022.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: On my own
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 01:51:33 AM »
I'm not a single woman, but I've met plenty in Ag Stef. I'd say it was totally safe. It might be a bit lonely in an apartment block, so you might want to think about somewhere like Nafsika, where you get to chat to other people.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 02:41:06 AM »
VikkiSam I am sure you would feel really comfortable here on your own - we have stayed here for quite a few years now and the locals and fellow holidaymakers have always been wonderful.  I know I would choose San Stef if I was travelling alone.  Hope you have a wonderful holiday here  :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 02:49:17 AM »
Hello VikkiSam. Yes I would be confident staying in San Stef on my own. We like Silver Moon apartments in the main strip, but agree with Jim, the Nafsica would be the place I would choose, if I were on my own. :)

Offline VikkiSam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 11:32:17 AM »
Thank you to you for your helpful and positive replies. I will look into accommodation later today.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 11:47:44 AM »
Hello VikkiSam - I first came on my own to Corfu back in 1982.  Now I live & work here.  Over the years many solo guests have visited our lovely resort & many friends of mine come over on their own for 1 or 2 weeks sometimes more, staying over in Agios Stefanos.  As others have posted you will not be alone as we are all a friendly bunch here.  I believe anywhere there is a pool & pool bar, then accommodation wise you will be more than comfortable.  If you have any questions pop me a message or everyone on here will also assist you too......

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »
A few years ago we got chatting in a cafe to an elderly lady who had been visiting San Stef as a solo traveller for years. She loved it there and used to stay at Peli & Maria’s apartments.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 06:04:44 PM »
I know ladies that visit on their own and say they  feel safe and welcomed everywhere and have made great friends from home and the locals

Offline VikkiSam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 09:58:55 PM »
Thank you to you for replying.
How long is the taxi journey from the airport to SS??

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »
Definitely a very safe place for travelling on your own. Journey from airport in a taxi takes about and hour, there are plenty of choices for taxi transfers and your accommodation will arrange if required. Usually costs about €60 each way, but with rising fuel costs I would expect an increase this year.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 11:37:18 PM »
Thank you to you for replying.
How long is the taxi journey from the airport to SS??

About an hour...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 11:39:00 PM »
Whoops as BAJ says an hour  :P
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 11:02:35 PM »
Lots of lone female travellers on my Facebook forum and they never stay alone for long. Such a safe place to go and no worries about lager louts etc.
Taxi transfer this year is €65 each way
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni