Author Topic: Next Year  (Read 18736 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Next Year
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »
So we have booked our holiday for next year and TUI have changed the flight from Stansted , from a Friday to a Monday and night flights!  Aaargh! Our first holiday there in 2004 was a night flight so we travelled to resort in the dark, wondered where we would end up!! Got to Stamatis, no one around, so the rep took us to our room.  What a lovely revelation when we woke up in the morning!!  Been going back ever since 8)

Offline AndrewK

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Next Year
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »
Flights booked as well and can't wait!

Sometimes get leg pulled about going back year after year and, I must admit, I did have little self doubts in my own mind about this summer again.

But as soon as you are there all the niggles disappear as there is definitely something about the place that is magic

Sun, sand, sea along with good food and wine might have something to do with it

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 03:37:45 PM »
Agree with you, Andrew. It's definitely like a second home to us and very chilled :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
We have been coming twice year since 1997 and as we now live in Wales flights from Cardiff are limited and never cheap.
We do occasionally come from Bristol but it is much further for us and adds almost £200 to the cost of the holiday.
Even Cardiff is 60 miles.

Next year there are to be Monday flights for a few weeks as well as Friday from Cardiff which is wonderful because the Friday flights are swamped by the Cruisers so you really need to book early.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »
We have been coming twice year since 1997 and as we now live in Wales flights from Cardiff are limited and never cheap.
We do occasionally come from Bristol but it is much further for us and adds almost £200 to the cost of the holiday.
Even Cardiff is 60 miles.

Next year there are to be Monday flights for a few weeks as well as Friday from Cardiff which is wonderful because the Friday flights are swamped by the Cruisers so you really need to book early.

I didn't twig about the Cruisers, on a Friday, but that is probably why the airport is so busy.  Hopefully our Monday night flight may mean the airport is not so busy. :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »
That's what we hope too,and an extra flight a week from Cardiff will relieve the pressure I hope.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »
Wednesday and Thursday were good this year!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 01:13:24 PM »
I suppose we will always be in the situation of not pleasing everyone.
It must make booking more difficult for the owners with guests wanting to book stays starting on different days of the week and there may well be odd 'empty' days.

Offline Paul and Ruth

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
Hi karen. I'm sorry to see that your flight has been changed to the mo day. It won't be the same when we arrive on the Friday. Ah well, at least we will see you and John. It's a long way off yet. But we can't wait.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »
We are almost ticking the days off.

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 02:49:57 PM »
Booked for 2020 only just got what we wanted thanks Noula / San Steph Travel  8) 8) 8)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 04:35:22 PM »
Hi karen. I'm sorry to see that your flight has been changed to the mo day. It won't be the same when we arrive on the Friday. Ah well, at least we will see you and John. It's a long way off yet. But we can't wait.

Hi Paul, yes the day is not too bad but the night flights aren't so good.  So we shall be about on the Tuesday, but not too early, so no noise from your apartment please!!  Looking forward to seeing you and Ruth!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
Our flight has changed to 6.0am from UK and going home leaving San Steph around 10.0am

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
Our flight has changed to 6.0am from UK and going home leaving San Steph around 10.0am

That doesn't sound too bad though my wife and I are getting a bit fed up with the very early flights but still like the early return. Life's a compromise I suppose.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
I prefer to have a reasonable flight back home,I hate hanging about all day and arriving at midnight.
This will do nicely i think.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni