Author Topic: Let's make a concerted effort  (Read 44713 times)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a concerted effort
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 11:39:08 AM »
We've got our 2 lots of flights booked and are already planning where to eat each night! If the pound drops and we have to pull our horns in a bit it will just mean a couple more evenings eating a gyros rather than a 3 course meal. We are firmly of the opinion that you only live once so make the most of good health whilst you have it as there will inevitably come a time when we aren't able to travel and then we'll need all the memories we can get!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 12:58:29 PM »
I'd like to think so but I'm retiring next year and my wife and I are thinking a "once in a lifetime" holiday thing. No idea where though.

Wow that's something to look forward to! :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 01:02:28 PM »
We've got our 2 lots of flights booked and are already planning where to eat each night! If the pound drops and we have to pull our horns in a bit it will just mean a couple more evenings eating a gyros rather than a 3 course meal. We are firmly of the opinion that you only live once so make the most of good health whilst you have it as there will inevitably come a time when we aren't able to travel and then we'll need all the memories we can get!

And we think exactly that, having both been unwell in the past few years and had to miss a couple of winter holidays, we will go, whilst we are both well enough to travel and enjoy it and see all our holiday friends :)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
Yes Jackie has a big op coming up early January and looking forward to sitting in the Athens Bar in June is certainly one of the things keeping her spirits up!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »
Yes Jackie has a big op coming up early January and looking forward to sitting in the Athens Bar in June is certainly one of the things keeping her spirits up!

Aah, good luck with that Jackie, the thought of your holiday will keep you going. Hope you have a quick recovery :)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »
We have already booked for May next year we booked it whilst in San Steph in May.
I did miss me second visit this year and hope to get two in in 2019 although one of my granddaughters will be 18 at the end of September just when we like to go.
In our 70s we find the height of summer too much for us.

I am pleased that there is still some activity on here I do like to keep the flame alive all year.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
It doesn't take much to breathe life into this forum so well done folks. It'll be nice to have a look each day expecting to see something new rather than no activity
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »
I've always been more of an observer rather than a contributor.

However, it was this site that convinced me that I had made the right choice when I booked San Stefanos on a whim 4 years ago. The restaurant and general reviews painted a great picture. So,I'm making an early resolution to become more active.

I'm not a great Facebook lover, but the advantage it has is the ability to post photos and videos (although the meal and beer pics bore me)

I love Karen's idea of a daily holiday blog and I'll do mine when we return next August.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
We have booked again after what will have an 8 year gap. Staying at Nondas in July for 10 days. Must admit we’re really looking forward to seeing what’s changed in the village and, of course, slipping back into that relaxing rhythm.

First place looked at before we booked was this forum to see what was happening. It’s still good.

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 06:46:42 PM »
Good to see some activity on here.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 06:58:43 PM »
We have already booked for May next year we booked it whilst in San Steph in May.
I did miss me second visit this year and hope to get two in in 2019 although one of my granddaughters will be 18 at the end of September just when we like to go.
In our 70s we find the height of summer too much for us.

I am pleased that there is still some activity on here I do like to keep the flame alive all year.

Yes we are finding July rather hot now, so may have to look at changing that. Do you think May or September would be the best time to go, in your opinion? :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
It doesn't take much to breathe life into this forum so well done folks. It'll be nice to have a look each day expecting to see something new rather than no activity

Quite right, help us get through the winter months! 8)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »
I've always been more of an observer rather than a contributor.

However, it was this site that convinced me that I had made the right choice when I booked San Stefanos on a whim 4 years ago. The restaurant and general reviews painted a great picture. So,I'm making an early resolution to become more active.

I'm not a great Facebook lover, but the advantage it has is the ability to post photos and videos (although the meal and beer pics bore me)

I love Karen's idea of a daily holiday blog and I'll do mine when we return next August.

Welcome on board!  Looking forward to all the holiday reviews next year! :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »
We have booked again after what will have an 8 year gap. Staying at Nondas in July for 10 days. Must admit we’re really looking forward to seeing what’s changed in the village and, of course, slipping back into that relaxing rhythm.

First place looked at before we booked was this forum to see what was happening. It’s still good.

Great news!  There aren't really too many changes, loftyscot, the only thing that never changes is the warm welcome from the lovely local folk! :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »
Good to see some activity on here.

It's great isn't, just like old times!! ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni