Author Topic: Good Moaning  (Read 16455 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Good Moaning
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 12:54:55 AM »
Of course there is. ti je budalla

Offline BorisBiggins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 02:29:10 PM »
Well day has come where Boris say big Yassoo to Mrs Boris and I leave Albania for  big trip to San Stephanie

I have been told there is job for me but is only picking up litter and managing car park on beach. Not pay so well so if you see me please buy me a Gee Ros!

Not sure where I work yet as naughty man at Naffy sicka not got room in basement for me now as he is keeping goat down there for squeak cheese.

Look forward to seeing all friends from UK soon. But not bad man Bimbo who ignore me and read electronic books all time

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »
I don't think Bimbo's ignoring you, Boris. He's avoiding you.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 02:09:09 AM »
Maybe I should point out to newer members of the forum that Bimbo and "Boris" are actually good friends. "Boris" has a long and fascinating past - and was a very brave man. "Boris Biggins" is, of course, a pseudonym. None of us will ever know his true identity because, for reasons of security, he has many disguises. During the dark days of Hoxha's rule in Albania he was a much-feared member of the "Sigurimi" - the secret police. That, at least, was what people thought. In reality, he was a double agent for MI6, risking his life on many occasions.

His affection for Corfu goes back a long way. He helped to thwart an Albainian plot to annex Corfu from a power-base established in Kavos, on the southern tip of the island. There, highly-trained Albanian troops were posing as tourists - sunburned drunkards wearing Leeds United football shirts, downing shots like there was no tomorrow. For them, there wasn't. "Boris" stole a pedalo just south of Sarande on the Albanian coast and pedalled across to Corfu Town, where he alerted the authorities. The insurgents were isolated in Kavos. With no way out, they were trapped.

At that time his MI6 handler was, in fact, Bimbo - another man whose real name few people know. Bimbo put pressure on Thomas Cook, and they began to ship huge numbers of real Leeds United supporters to Kavos, who then beat the crap out of the Albanians. Unable to to go home to face shame, the Albanian troops stayed, pretended they were Corfiots, opened shoddy night-clubs selling watered-down vodka at inflated prices, and seduced any girls stupid enough to wear a Manchester United shirt. A secret hard border, a cordon sanitaire, was established around Kavos. To this day, armoured buses drive from the airport, taking more enforcers - or "tourists," as they are known - to Kavos, where they remain for a few weeks terrifying the remnants of Hoxha's hapless invasion force. That is why, if you are foolish enough to mutter anything critical of Corfu in Agios Stefanos, the locals will frown and say "This is not Kavos."

I believe this is the first time some of the true story of "Boris" has been told. He will feature highly in the book that Anne Wenz Dorou and I are writing, provisionally called "Secret Heroes of the Athens Bar." After the fall of the Communist regime "Boris" kept up his surveillance role, and even started a brewery in Tirana, personally selecting the ingredients for Albania's finest beer, known as "Peess." Only a handful of people in the village know what lies behind the carefully-constructed facade of being a buffoon which "Boris" presents. There are still security risks. Many who were exposed by his intelligence leaks wish to see the the end of him. Bimbo is not one. When he tells "Boris" to go away in Albanian he is merely issuing a warning that "Boris" should be careful.

Some code words are still dangerous. Never, ever, however much you love Albanian beer, have a pint in the Athens Bar and say to Nikos "This beer tastes like Peess."

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:14:28 AM by Jimbo »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
Crikey...... Never realised there was such a dark and serious side to all this.
Don't think I've ever met Boris but will try and seek him out

Does he ever frequent Condor?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 12:49:46 PM »
Does he ever frequent Condor?
Who knows? He is a master of disguise. One day he can pose as Tony Cox - another as Don Whyte. Sometimes, perhaps, Glen from the Aquarius bar.

I have discovered one infallible test. If you speak to any of the above and what they say makes sense, be very suspicious.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 02:50:08 PM »
Don’t say too much Jimbo or someone might try to silence you-can’t be too careful even on holiday.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »
You're absolutely right, Maggie. I learned years ago that saying you'd rather stay in the EU is a dangerous thing to do!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni