Author Topic: Webcam 4/3  (Read 284285 times)

geordieborn

Re: Webcam 4/3
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2019, 11:08:44 PM »
What are you viewing on? It always works on PC with Chrome...
If we are talking "Drewsy" Jimbo, perhaps it's an upside down PC....

geordieborn

« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2019, 02:27:46 PM »
I would say every time I’ve looked at the Nafsika webcam there is no one there. Even in August I only ever seen 1-2 people at the pool? Is it a case we’ve all become too old for the pool, or have no kids wanting to play there or is it something to do with the beach beds being cheaper these days?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2019, 03:34:51 PM »
It's because most people "camp" out of view of the webcam. And the beautiful pool is rarely crowded. People tend to stand and chat in the water at the shallow end.

You may spot people in the now-enlarged shelter smack in the middle of the camera. Later, in October, you may spot me there, sitting with a beer writing the novel which started there in the summer.

And, of course, Nafsika is very close to the beach, and if you are staying at the hotel normally you would go out for lunch. The pool is the only pool we ever use; it's quiet, lovely garden, and often you will see house-martins dipping down to catch a drink from the water.

Thirteen days to go!

geordieborn

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2019, 04:05:32 PM »
It's because most people "camp" out of view of the webcam. And the beautiful pool is rarely crowded. People tend to stand and chat in the water at the shallow end.

You may spot people in the now-enlarged shelter smack in the middle of the camera. Later, in October, you may spot me there, sitting with a beer writing the novel which started there in the summer.

And, of course, Nafsika is very close to the beach, and if you are staying at the hotel normally you would go out for lunch. The pool is the only pool we ever use; it's quiet, lovely garden, and often you will see house-martins dipping down to catch a drink from the water.

Thirteen days to go!
A lot of what you say about the pool makes sense Jimbo, but we were there 17 days in July and passed the pool a number of times a day, every day… We also ate lunch there a couple of times. So this was morning, lunch time and evening. No one was there most of the time, and when there was it was only 1-2 people? It could be the time we were there, but the resort, although quite the first week, was quite busy (not English school holiday busy). Thinking about it, the Vicky and Athina pools looked very busy. I just wondered about Manthos, Mistral and the Waves having sunbeds and the impact as certainly the latter two were busy most days. When we were last there 13 years back only the Mistral had a couple of beds in their garden. 

geordieborn

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »
Nafsika webcam, looking like a lovely clear day there today...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2019, 05:44:44 PM »
There were plenty of people swimming this morning.  But it's never really crowded - it's a very big pool. We stayed at Little Prince in the summer, and our room looked out over the pool. That had towels on beds at 7 in the morning and was packed all day. I know which I prefer!

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2019, 06:32:08 PM »
There were plenty of people swimming this morning.  But it's never really crowded - it's a very big pool. We stayed at Little Prince in the summer, and our room looked out over the pool. That had towels on beds at 7 in the morning and was packed all day. I know which I prefer!

Agreed Jimbo, we prefer the Nafsika pool and always base ourselves there, its never been really busy all the time weve been there over the years.

We tend to be there at the end of June and the 1st week we almost get it the pool to ourselves, usually by the 2nd week and the start of the Scottish school holidays it starts to get a bit more busy.

I noticed the pool was busy during the main August English school holidays but I'd expect it will be quiet now as the kids are back at school.

Missed our fix this year but hoping all being well we will be back again next year!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:41:51 PM by StevenM »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »
The beach webcam looks lovely and clear again, thank you to whoever gave it a dust! :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2019, 04:59:32 PM »
The beach webcam looks lovely and clear again, thank you to whoever gave it a dust! :)

Who's got the duster? ;D

geordieborn

« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »
Been watching the webcam each day this month to see what month(s) would be best to visit. For us 25c is ideal, so the end of September is down as a possible, will also look at the quieter October. Having read a few old post from those living there, early in the year also looks worth a look, even if we have to fly via Athens. Looking out the window at the rain here I suspect I’ll be soon tearing my hair out to get away!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2019, 03:32:29 PM »
The weather gets a bit unpredictable by the end of September. It can be warm and dry or wet and cold. Many tavernas close early in October, so it can be a bit sparse. Good time to stay at Nafsika!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »
The weather gets a bit unpredictable by the end of September. It can be warm and dry or wet and cold. Many tavernas close early in October, so it can be a bit sparse. Good time to stay at Nafsika!

Enjoy your holiday Jim and Gillie, say hello to Spiros and team for me. :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »
Will do :-)

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2019, 01:51:18 AM »
Still very warm and quite busy though winding down now.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni