Author Topic: Who’s still around?  (Read 30350 times)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
Who’s still around?
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
Just checking if any of the old posters still check in on here? This was a vibrant and entertaining forum a couple of years back.
I note a pair of dedicated SAN Stef Facebook sites are ticking over....can we coexist ?  Is it worth setting a few topics away.......any of you old posters still out there?  A quick hello may just get us going again ? Yammas

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Who’s still around?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 12:26:57 PM »
Hello from Corfu - looking forward to summer just a few months away now....... 8)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:13:21 PM »
 A big hello again Lesley!
Yes we are fixed up for a two week stay in June.... three different accommodations! Should be fun it will satisfy our romany spirit as we are staying up the hill,and  down the hill! Here’s to a good 2018 season....anything new in the village this year?

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »
Yep, still here from the East Coast awaiting the Beast from the East next week. Mind you things have been a bit grim in SS lately. The ,er, changing room at the Waves has been washed away and the beach is all water, and I have just been told by a local that more thunderstorms are due next week.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
yep still here in a very chilly Wales.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 05:28:09 PM »
Hi all, still here! It's always quiet this time of year and I don't do Facebook. We're back beginning of July, can't come too soon!

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »
Im still here too, pop in most days,been very quiet these last few months,good to see some activity again. Back in June for two weeks, then September for two more,cant wait  8).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 06:08:56 PM »
Always here, reading and watching.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »
Good to see folks still checking in  :) Hope to see a few more as the weeks go on .

As usual for winter time the sea and beach are showing all their natural power at the mo , ( poor bridge ! ) It’s  always a bit of a guessing game re  how it will shape up by summer. Last couple of years , if memory serves, it’s  been quite wide again , still nothing like as wide as it used to be 10 - 15 yrs ago. Fingers crossed! We usually stay near the quiet end - Romanza hotel side.....I guess we all have our favourite spots.

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 11:57:37 AM »
Hi nice to sea some activity on here

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »
Still around. I haven't posted much on the Euro rate because it's pretty much stuck at the upper 1.11/1.12 level. Also, after a stroke and an operation for bowel cancer I'm taking things gently.

I still can't understand why there are two Facebook groups. It just mean tedious reduplication. Personally, I prefer the forum model, but nowadays people seem to be obsessed with posting pictures of their dinners. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man (Maybe???:ed) but unless it's a highly original creation worthy of Masterchef I couldn't give a toss about other people's dinners.

What will be interesting in May is first reports as Jet2 holidays take over properties from Thomas Cook and TUI. They have 3 sites in San Stef and 17 in Sidari, so it could be the long bus route from the airport and round and round Sidari. We'll see.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 01:33:43 PM »
You should see the (non) beach today!!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 02:37:25 PM »
We are with you on the food jim  get well soon

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
Jim and are are hoping he'll be well enough to be back again in our second home this year!  Only one visit last year as had to cancel our late September visit - we were so sad! Looking forward to some warm weather. Beautiful today but so cold and meant to be getting colder over the next few days.  Glad to see people still look at the forum. I agree, I prefer it to Facebook. Longing to see everyone again.

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »
We will be there in May, trying our Marina Villas ready for the 2019 invasion of 24 of us around the village.  Back at Anatoli in early July.  Looking forward to both.  Weather here today sunny and cool.  Our Wood chip boilers are going to work overtime in the next week.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni