Author Topic: Beware....  (Read 19749 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Beware....
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:40:26 PM »
..the heat.  My wife and I are in San Stefanos at the moment and the Sun is unbearable.  I actually had a bad day yesterday because of too much sun and I have heard of others also.  I am quite a seasoned sun worshipper and it completely took me by surprise and floored me!  I hope I'm not scaring people, I just thought I would warn all you new arrivals. 
On other news, the village is fairly quiet but all the normal haunts are ticking over.  The rubbish is starting to pile up again!   >:(

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Beware....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »
Good advice Rod. We are mindful of the heat and tend to stay around the apartments, if it is really hot, instead of going to the beach. We are coming out on Friday and really looking forward to our relaxing holiday! Karen

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:17:57 PM »
Today we have changed our plans of going for a late lunch at Gravia.  We honestly think we would struggle in this heat.  Bring factor 30 Karen!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:09:00 PM »
Thanks Rod for the heads up! Pouring down with rain again today, here! :)

Offline eildan

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 02:27:59 PM »
Beware also of the mounting rubbish piling up again on the beach and in the roads!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Beware also of the mounting rubbish piling up again on the beach and in the roads!
That's really not good. Something really has to be done about this, as it puts me off going and I'm sure it will others. I wouldn't recommend others go, until this is sorted. I know it's difficult, but it will eventually affect the resort, sorry to say.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 01:17:52 AM »
It's not just Agios Stefanos, it's not just Corfu, it's a national strike. It will probably be settled next week, if I read eKathimerini correctly. The situation is worse in Athens, where the temperature is forecast to hit 43o next week. So far it's been twelve days. The issue is the insecurity of workers on short-term contracts. Remember the UK rubbish strike?

In the centre of London and other major cities, huge piles of rotting rubbish piled up, overrun with rats and a serious health hazard. Inside government, ordinary work almost ground to a halt.
BBC

When it's working the rubbish collections are excellent, with daily collections (apart from paper etc). If it goes on much longer I'm sure the local owners will do what they did last year and pay to move the rubbish to a site away from the centre.

Offline eildan

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 08:57:52 AM »
We have been here four weeks,believe me its been longer than twelve days,even so its not acceptable for any amount of time,it might be in other resorts but we are here now,walking down roads and on the beach full of rubbish not to mention the smell,the locals last year sorted it in their own Greek time!!!hopefully this won't put people off coming to this beautiful island.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »
So we are here and the weather has been beautiful today. The beach and sea were fantastic. Nice little breeze. Lamb kleftico with roast potatoes and vegetables was delicious in Nafsika last night. Seemed fairly quiet in the village, albeit Little Prince was busy. Won't mention the rubbish......just to say it's here! Supremes are on in Condor tonight :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »
So, last two days we have had the Mistral. Been very windy and not beach weather, but good walking weather. Went to beach for couple of hours, but wind picked up, but locals assure me should calm down tomorrow. Little bit busier, last couple of days. The rubbish has gone!!!! Don't know where and don't care! :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
Busier in the village last night. Good to see.  'Rod Stewart' in Condor last night. Very busy. Young local singer/ guitarist in Bar 38, worth a look, very good. So today just a gentle breeze. Beach was lovely, sea a bit cool. Temperature about 30, I would think. So what to eat tonight..... ;D

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 12:03:41 AM »
Can't wait to get there ( very soon)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 01:54:14 PM »
Can't wait to get there ( very soon)
Just like coming home :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »
Another beautiful day on the beach, just the gentless of breezes and the sea was warm and blue! It does appear to be getting busier by the day. Restaurants all doing very well last night. Also appears to be a younger feel to the resort, not so many of us oldies! ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni