Author Topic: Just got back  (Read 8252 times)

Gavlah1973

Just got back
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »
From a great week in the village

This holiday was both a bonus and needed very much due to personal reasons

We stayed up at Voula up past Romanza. Got a great deal from Voula direct paying only £150 for the week for the 3 of us!

Accom was great amd say it quietly..... has one of the best pools in the village.

Voula and George run the apartments along with Wendy the cleaner.
As ever the hill makes it a bit remote but we got a quad for a couple of days.

Ate around the village.... Zorbas x 2, Yiannis, Yiannis Grill, Romanza x 2,  Little Prince.
All were up to their usual standard with the dancing in Zorbas being superb

People in the village were so kind.... we got a lift home from Zorbas twice and also Nicola at Perros took us the last half one night!

Weather was a bit iffy the first couple of days..... cloudy and actually a bit chilly in the wind. However the last 3 days were very warm

Apologies to those who we missed visiting. We are more on  the level in August so will be in then.

Glenn was on good form at Aquarius, Athens bar seemed quiet but got very raucous in the early hours from the tales we heard!
The new Captain Octopus taverna looked very busy with good reports coming in.

Great holiday all in all

See you in August

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »
Glad you had a good time Gav

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »
Might bump into you on your next visit

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »
Agree re the welcome and facilities at Voula Gav, this week we are at the equally fabulous Panarama apartments directly opposite, but with full use of Voula pool and snack bar etc. Both have the most stunning aspects  with sensational viiews of hills and sea. Economically priced, those who are not fearful of the hill ( think fitness and vistas thrown in free ) should give these establishments some consideration.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 08:26:43 PM »
Yeah, stayed up in the Voula for a week in May and thoroughly enjoyed my time. I had booked a studio with a pool view but was upgraded to a family room (number 3) with an unbelievable sea view.
I usually try to get over once a year but I enjoyed my May visit so much I might sneak a wee week in September!!!!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 11:01:17 PM »
Just got back from another fab 2 weeks. Highlights -
Obviously chilling on the beach
Fab meals in Waves, Beachcomber, Yiannis, Beer O'clock, Fantasea, Yiannis oppo Athens bar
Akrotiri Lounge
Drinks in Little Prince bar with fab hosts Yianni and Mike
Athens bar
Silver star
El greco
Fab nights in Bar 38 listening to a great guitarist and fab female singer
Sitting on the balcony listening to the waves
Pavlos' birthday party (zorbas), felt privileged to be there
Meeting old friends
And lots more. Wish we were still there

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 01:03:56 AM »
Have to agree about the guitarist in Bar 38, great singer and musician. Think he's on Tuesdays and Saturdays. You must have been in there same time as us! We came back on 14th.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 03:57:03 PM »
Got back a week ago. Had a lovely break, with hot weather and warm sea. Did nothing apart from spending the day at the sea by Mistral and having beautiful lunches there.

Fantastic apartment at Tsaros - huge balcony with views over the entire bay, two bedrooms, big kitchen, big fridge; well worth the hill, which in any case has the bar about halfway up to take on fluids of a Mythosical nature! Nikos and Thanassis hospitable as ever.

Great food and fun in the evening at the usual candidates - Nafsika, Little Prince, Yiannis, Beachcomber - and a superb evening at Zorbas for Pavlos' birthday, where perhaps too much vino persuaded me to dance.

In other words - the usual Agios Stefanos magic, and now looking forward to returning in the autumn.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni