Author Topic: The long and winding road?  (Read 6557 times)

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
The long and winding road?
« on: May 06, 2017, 02:31:15 AM »
Have booked a week for my daughter and I at the Romanza at the end of the month but have been a little economical with the truth ref the hill!
I have had drinks there before, but have only approached the hotel from the road as my husband uses a mobility scooter.
How accessible is the beach please? I assume there is a path down but not sure as we haven't really explored this end of the village as we usually stay at Margarita's and prefer the older end of the village.
I need to get my story straight (or at least prepare the ground) before we arrive! 😜
Thanks

Offline alineb

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: The long and winding road?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:06:17 PM »
Hello Cornishmaid!
There is a path behind the romanza that will lead you straight to the far right side of the beach. Be prepared the walk up is quite steep but faster than walking the road, so I would definitely recommend. Last time I walked it was during the winter months so not that long ago and it was fine.

I hope that was helpful to you,
Aline :)
Aline Kaloudi
San Stefano Travel

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
Thanks for that. I'll take it as a positive!

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »
Hi
But the short cut is not suitable for a mobility scooter, could end in tears.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »
Yeah i deffo wouldn't take a mobility scooter/wheelchair down there

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
Sorry for any confusion but it's me and my daughter this month, so no mobility scooter needed this time! I just wanted to check we could get down to the beach avoiding the road, although she's not keen on too steep a hill either....youngsters!!
On one occasion several years ago Richard (on scooter) and I did miss the turning back down from Akrotiri and ended up going across the top in the dark. Noula took great delight in telling everyone! He needs a better off road one before we try that again.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
Hello cornishmaid18.  As the past posts say, there is a rough but wide track that meanders down to the beach behind Romanza.  Just be careful and it's quite a nice stroll.  However, getting back can be daunting.  My advice would be to take your time.  When the wife and I stayed at the Romanza a few years back we tended to stay more around the pool more than what we would normally do because of the journey back.

However, the Romanza is a cracking hotel with wonderful staff so you will have a great time.  Lovely food too!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni