Author Topic: KAPETANIOS APARTMENTS  (Read 31824 times)

Offline Carloway

• View Profile
KAPETANIOS APARTMENTS
« on: July 30, 2008, 01:37:13 AM »
Hi!

We are going to San Stefanos for the first time soon, glad to hear such good reviews on the forum, can't wait to get there now!

Has anyone stayed at the Kapetanios?  Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed there.  Sounds like I will have to pack some sensilble shoes to get up the hill, it will keep me fit after all the feta cheese I am hoping to eat!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: KAPETANIOS APARTMENTS
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
The hill does help to keep you fit. The Kapetanios is up the hill but not at the top. We stay just a bit further down the hill. The views make it all worth while. When are you going?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Carloway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:18:21 PM »
We are going in August, can't wait, we went to Skye last year which was beautiful, but missed the sunshine and food! 

San Stefanos sounds great, we have been to Corfu about four years ago to St George South which we loved, San Stefanos sounds similar.  This is the first time we have not booked a Thomson Super Family holiday when going abroad, but now that the kids are getting older (11 and 13) we don't think they would use/need the kids clubs etc. 

Thanks for your response.

Carloway

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »
Most people end up with the San Stefanos bug and want to keep on returning. It truly is a lovely friendly resort.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Carloway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 12:12:32 AM »
Well, we got back from San Stefanos last week and are already hoping to book up for next year, what a fantastic place!

Would highly recommend the Kapetanios, it was gorgeous.  The apartment we had was newly refurbished to a very high standard and the view from the balcony was spectacular.  It was by far the best apartment we have ever stayed in.  The family who own the apartments are friendly and helpful and the food in the pool side bar/restaurant is absolutely delicious and all cooked by the Greek Mama who rightly takes great pride in each dish she produces.  The stifado was definately the best we tasted, though all the local tavernas are brilliant. 

We can't wait to go back!

don

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 12:12:55 AM »
Carloway, glad you enjoyed it to the extent you want a speedy return. Just try and keep it to yourself as too many people going could spoil it LOL !

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
how much walk up the hill is this please ?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
how much walk up the hill is this please ?

It is a fair way up the hill but not at the top. We stay at Teresa which is just down from Kapetanios and we can get to the beach and village fairly quickly even though I do not walk that fast. The walk back up takes longer and does depend what time of the day you do the walk in.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 11:03:01 AM »
I would also make the comment that the higher up the hill you have to walk is often off-set by the extra effort put in to make you feel more welcome!!
But in my case - as I start to age dis-gracefully, I tend to avoid over-straining whats left of my body with hill walks.
In other words - I am getting a touch Lazy these days so tend to book Apartments, with the easy walks on the flat ground, where I can.
although - if in the mood!!, I'm not too lazy to do the odd walk to Arrillas both by road and over the hill,
if tempted with a cold pint as a reward at the end of the walk!!
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »
Of course from up the hills as well you do get a great view of the sunset although you do still see it from some of the low down properties as well. :)

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 02:17:02 PM »
its a shame this seems to be the only place we can book via a tour operator
unless somebody knows better????

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 03:51:41 PM »
Have you looked on Thomsons website or Portland. The Teresa is available through Portland as is The Romanza . Portland are part of Thomsons. Thomsons brochure has lots of places to book unless they are just not available for your dates. :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »
Have you looked on Thomsons website or Portland. The Teresa is available through Portland as is The Romanza . Portland are part of Thomsons. Thomsons brochure has lots of places to book unless they are just not available for your dates. :)
See this link for Thomsons for the dates I beleive you want to go
http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/byo/search/results.page?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »
Heres a link for Portland.
http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk/default.asp?&SOURCE=goog&referrer=google&ito=2152&itc=64
You may not be aware but there are 2 San Stefanos on Corfu and you may also have been looking at the other one as well as the one we all love on here. :)

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »
oh my word
how can they have two places with he same name, that is just daft.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni