Author Topic: Back after 3 weeks and here's the requisite holiday review.....  (Read 23692 times)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Back after 3 weeks and here's the requisite holiday review.....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »
Usually its the bread for €1.50..

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 05:37:08 PM »
I have just messaged Stelios at Olympia re 'the cutlery charge' and his reply was that he is only charging the same as all of the other restaurants in Agios Stefanos ! So I think maybe that there has been a misunderstanding and somehow something has got lost in translation !

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »
If 5 people were eating the cover charge would add up to Eur7.50

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 07:07:14 AM »
Ate in Olympia last night and both had a brilliant meal. Atmosphere chilled and relaxed, a perfect end to a pleasant day. Nearly all tables taken and there were children in. No cutlery charge. Checked with Stelios what his cover charge for bread was,  it's 90cents which I think is cheaper than some others. Whatever the explanation for a cutlery charge was,  it certainly wasn't apparent last night and there was nothing to put us off returning, on the contrary.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 07:29:47 PM »
I'm addressing this for the last time.

I can only go by my own experience and what friends tell me and the waiter clearly said that the 7.50 charges were for cutlery at which point the party of 15 who had queried the bill said in that case, they would take the cutlery with them....!

It got a bit heated but there was no 'misunderstanding' on what the charge was for.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
We ate there last week and there was no cutlery charge on our bill?

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 04:13:44 PM »
Snap !!! All was well, food spot on, unlike The Barras  :(

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »
Yep . No cutlery mention whatsoever and food and service was spot on
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline allanm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 10:31:50 PM »
What a lot of rubbish some people come up with, re cutlery charge. all tavernas charge for bread. usually 1.5 euro per couple for bread,no cutlery charge. I sometimes think people are trying to put some tavernas out of business. We have eaten at the Olympia for over twenty years and never had a bad meal or been treated without respect there.We never ever complain about the places we eat, everyone can have a bad day. never mind the reviews and just enjoy a beautiful village and the wonderful hard working people trying to make a living.

Offline eildan

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 01:20:14 AM »
Hear Hear

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 11:37:07 AM »
I think that's really harsh. Silverstar (who I don't know by the way, other than from this forum and facebook) is a regular of many, many years and obviously loves the village, as do her family. She gave a review of all the restaurants she visited, not just Olympia and has clearly explained her experience, more than once.
Just to be clear - I've never had a bad experience at Olympia so that's not why I'm defending her comments. 

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 03:29:36 PM »
allanm

You have treated my comments with a basic lack of respect.

I reviewed everywhere that I ate in the village and as a visitor of over 30 years, I find your insinuation that I may be trying to put any restaurant in SS out of business to be absolutely disgraceful.

The cutlery charge at the Olympia is FACT for the 15 person party who ate there during their stay in August (they had the bill to prove it) and furthermore when they questioned a member of staff, they were told it was for cutlery to which they responded 'well we will take it with us then' which developed into a fairly heated exchange as you can imagine.

I was told of this by a close friend of one of the party who is also a long standing visitor to SS and does not lie/exaggerate which is why I 100% believe what I was told.

Furthermore I was personally overcharged on the evening that I ate there but due to having a non-verbal autistic 6 year old who was trying to climb in the fountain, I didn't question the bill at the time but after finding out about the charge levied at the large party the previous evening, suspect that I might have been charged in a similar way - however I cannot say for sure.

I am not disagreeing or disputing that many people love Olympia but for me personally, it is not somewhere that I would go again.

Some people have had various issues at the Nafsika/Beachcomber/Fantasea, all of whom I love to bits but I totally respect everyone's opinion on here and would never accuse anyone of deliberately trying to sabotage a restaurant by simply giving their experience of it.

I will not discuss this again and please let this thread now be closed.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 03:31:42 PM »
Thank you Teamnickos for the kind words :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 09:21:26 AM »
Restaurants all over the world charge a small fee for cutlery etc. It's called a cover charge. In London it's usually about £3. In SS it's usually about €0.9 and includes bread - but in several places you pay it whether or not you have bread.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 01:41:53 AM »
Only just read any of this I have always loved the Olympia and I hope people will at least give it a try.  Its serves consistently good food.  Year in year out. 

I went to a restaurant here last weekend and there were 6 of us so we were charged a standard service charge - was in very small print at the bottom of the menu.  maybe Olympia is the same if there are more than a certain number.

I know this is last years post but we are fast approaching 2017 season and I hope the Olympia is still a place where people will try for themselves.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni