Author Topic: Flight delays  (Read 17411 times)

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Flight delays
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:52:30 PM »
Does anybody know if we can claim for a flight delay? Was 3 hours 40 minutes from Corfu back to blighty, my insurance company say its got to be more than 10 hours,but I believe there are EU regulation on this?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Flight delays
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:58 AM »
EU regulations say that you can claim for a delay of three or more hours. So claim.

Make sure you claim before we leave the EU, when it could be no claim at all.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »
Check out www.airhelp.com

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
Thanks Jimbo and Lesley!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 01:28:17 PM »
We will be claiming from Ryaniar even though we havent flown yet..they changed flight by one whole day, so a longer holiday.They never informed us , so i contacted them and explained..They already sent me claims form and told us to keep receipts of extra costs, accomodation meals etc..curious how it will go..

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 11:25:33 PM »
This was Ryanair funnily enough, they did sent an e-mailed delay confirmation but I am waiting for the catch!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 01:27:51 AM »
They said that they emailed us also, said we did not recive any mails, and asked them to resend it, they said that was not possible.that is a lie..and yes i am wondering what the catch will be...time will tell..will post outcome in a year or two..lol

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:05 AM »
delay from Manchester of 39 hours this week. Hope no one was caught up in that
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 11:10:42 AM »
Wow, that's horrendous

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »
Was with Small Planet a Lithuanian airline. Reading other peoples reports they are prone to long delays due to only having a small fleet. When something goes wrong they don't have any back up planes to take over.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
They have a terrible reputation of time-keeping! Avoid...

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 02:21:11 AM »
Have to admit after our unforseen flight change Ryanair came up with top marks for our flight out..we was able to check in our bags the night before and get our parking paid for whilst doing it, plus we got fast track passes for the next day..so we was able to turn up an hour before our flight instead of 3 as they are asking and all for free...

Offline shawty1984

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 06:40:36 PM »
I understand the need to claim if missing work due to flight delays or such things but claiming for 4 hours delay just seems really unnecessary to me. It's not nice when it happens but the majority of the time it's done for a reason, mainly a safety aspect reason. What figure are you putting on that 4 hours of your life? Doing some quick research you can claim £340 per person. A family of 4 would be claiming £1360. There's one thing that's going to guarantee and that's price rises, which I'm sure a lot of people on here would moan about. Claiming when needed is fine, but ask yourself do you really need  £340 because you arrived home late.
Romanza hotel, best place on earth.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 12:19:37 AM »
Well how would it be if your taxi turned up 4 hours late to take you to the airport? And the driver said he was just doing safety checks, dont think you would be impressed..the airlines opperate a service and should be run on time as we pay enough to fly with them..if a company thinks enough about their passengers this wouldnt happen..

Offline shawty1984

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
If they didn't say anything I'd be annoyed. On the flip side how would you feel if the taxi firm ignored health and safety, sent a taxi out which crashed on the way due to ignoring health and safety concerns. But that's getting away from the subject, a taxi isn't an aeroplane. The airline has yours and 200+ other passengers safety at it's best interests. It's in their best interests to keep their passengers happy and safe. They don't delay people just for the sake of it. How much you pay has no relevance to the plane being delayed.

I honestly can't believe you think a company who delays planes don't think much of their customers. I once was delayed 12 hours flying back from Ibiza and not once did I think the company didn't think enough of me.

Anyway that's off subject again. How much value do you put on 4 hours of your life? £340 is what is claimable I believe. If you want to claim then claim, that's what it is there for. But one end result of this is going to be higher prices for everyone. Do you really think the airline owes you £340 in compensation for keeping you safe (that's if it was a safety issue).
Romanza hotel, best place on earth.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni