Author Topic: Brexit and all that rubbish  (Read 45961 times)

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit and all that rubbish
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 02:44:38 AM »
The FTSE 100 is not a reliable indicator because it has loads of multinationals in it. The FTSE 250 is down significantly.

I don't wish to be told off for commenting here, as Gillie says, given the subject. For the last week I've been apologising to my Polish, French, Italian, Belgian, Greek and other friends, colleagues and clients for the xenophobic vote originating from the nasty Farage and his ex-BNP and Britain First members.

Still - it's going to take many years - possibly ten - to sort out trade deals. What was one is now legion. We will have to expand our Civil Service to do it. Of course, our Civil Service is not the same as the EU's Civil Service, normally called "bureaucracy" by the Brexit supporters. Unfortunately, at my age it's unlikely that I'll live to experience the paradise which I've been promised.

Blimey Jimbo.... Of course there will be a number of voters who will have fallen into your xenophobic category, there always has been and there always will be. However you are surely not suggesting that there are 17 million of them are you? That is not the country I recognise, nor the view of the Brexit voters I know. 

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »
I voted leave but I can assure you I am not xenophobic, racist, small minded or any of the many other insults being thrown at those of us who chose to differ in their opinion from the Remainers. I was always brought up to respect other people and their opinions but it would appear that if you dare to differ from the Remain viewpoint you become some kind of unintelligent sub human.

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »
well said
I voted leave but I can assure you I am not xenophobic, racist, small minded or any of the many other insults being thrown at those of us who chose to differ in their opinion from the Remainers. I was always brought up to respect other people and their opinions but it would appear that if you dare to differ from the Remain viewpoint you become some kind of unintelligent sub human.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
You're in the soup Jimbo

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
Yep and its not Consom'e either, think its up to your neck in Batchelors thick chunky chicken with veg..

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
There must be something in it, since I voted leave I'm struggling to remember my own name, is my car petrol or diesel, even started to sit down for a pee !! God dam this breakfast thingy, really must find a book to read

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »
Everybody still confident that the economy will have a massive boost? So far, the predictions of 95% of the world's economists that the UK would be a basket case in the event of Leave have turned out to be correct. So when is the glory coming? Not this year, not next year - the year after? As Andy said earlier, everything is getting more expensive. So it's not just me who's "in the soup" - it's all of us, because a small majority, equivalent to the population of Birmingham, made a potentially catastrophic decision.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »
I'm well hacked off with the increase in price for flights/holidays next year (and no, I didn't vote leave)

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »
Simple... Don't go, the euro has been this low before, we've had recessions before, oh and were not out yet.

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 11:44:59 PM »
From a strictly personal point of view I voted remain as most of our Customers at work are in Europe, however,our Taxi driver on the way to Ag.Stef in June was full of praise that we had brexited, you can tell the Greeks have very little faith in the EU

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2016, 01:29:27 AM »
The pound/euro rate has only been about this low in 2008 during the major financial crash. The pound/USD is now at a historically low rate. Check if you don't believe me.

http://www.exfinuk.com/historical-forex-gbp

Computer components are already rising in price - they mostly come from the $ zone.

The Greeks have been treated harshly by the EU - but they overwhelmingly wanted to stay in the eurozone. Have cake and eat it not possible!

What is means is that we will spend the same in GBPs when we go back in September, but less in euros.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2016, 02:26:17 PM »
Enjoying best of both worlds at moment..pounds cheap to buy for next uk trip..

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2016, 01:24:56 AM »
When will all the "remoaners" just give it a rest. It is what it is. There have been winners and losers from the outcome and that will continue. Such is life. If the cost of my fortnightly holiday is going to go up I either suck it up or don't go. Choices choices.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »
Thank you T.B. I am surprised J. hasn't done a 'Dave' . Please can we let it drop now. It's over, done with. Let's just concentrate on lovely San Stef. now.  And a lovely holiday yet to come for some of us.   .......Pllllllease.  :-X

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »
I didn't start this topic. It's clearly named. Those who don't want to read it don't have to.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni