Author Topic: Brexit and all that rubbish  (Read 45967 times)

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit and all that rubbish
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 04:52:59 PM »
Absolutely endorse all the comments about Nafsika. Don't stay there but it's one of our favourites for food. Condor for the teens and Athens or Acabar for you - not next door but quite close

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »
As Tony Blair said yesterday the Referendum was like moving house without viewing the new one!

This week the Brexit crew are finding out that the new house hasn't even been built yet and the land is prone to flooding!

'Forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing'

Andy

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 10:28:25 PM »

'Forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing'

Andy

Good grief!! Really!! It must be so hard to be a remainer carrying around the weight of being right about everything.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 10:33:11 PM »
I voted remain, but I'm not a sore loser. I'm going to get on with it!

I've also been going to Greece for the last 25 years.  I've been to fabulous places, Kefalos on Kos, Pefkos on Rhodes, Lassi in Kefalonia, Argassi, Alykanas, and Kalamaki, and last year Agios Georgios a few miles away from San Stefanos.

Every holiday I've ever been on in Greece has been fabulous. The Greeks are a wonderful nation, full of wonderful people who care about trying to make our holidays the best they can. 

Well said.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »
Good grief!! Really!! It must be so hard to be a remainer carrying around the weight of being right about everything.

Absolutely spot on !!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:41 AM »
Not really. The Brexit vote was ill-considered, and frankly rather stupid.

One of my friends has just had to cancel a trip to Canada because the air fare has gone up by £200.

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 01:13:36 AM »
That's it. I've had enough. It's bad enough being bombarded with patronising smug drivel on  Facebook without having to put up with it on here. I hope I never become so self absorbed and so clocksure I know everything.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 01:55:19 AM »
Oh look... The FTSE 100 has regained its losses following Brexit!

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 05:53:24 AM »
Oh look... The FTSE 100 has regained its losses following Brexit!

Let the panic subside and all will be well, but what do I know I'm not a remainer..

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 11:42:18 AM »
This topic is entitled "Brexit and all that rubbish"!  A lot of us have strong views. I would suggest if you are fed up with hearing people talk, discuss, appear confident that their view is the right one, etc that you don't view this topic!! Just a thought!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 04:22:19 PM »
The FTSE 100 is not a reliable indicator because it has loads of multinationals in it. The FTSE 250 is down significantly.

I don't wish to be told off for commenting here, as Gillie says, given the subject. For the last week I've been apologising to my Polish, French, Italian, Belgian, Greek and other friends, colleagues and clients for the xenophobic vote originating from the nasty Farage and his ex-BNP and Britain First members.

Still - it's going to take many years - possibly ten - to sort out trade deals. What was one is now legion. We will have to expand our Civil Service to do it. Of course, our Civil Service is not the same as the EU's Civil Service, normally called "bureaucracy" by the Brexit supporters. Unfortunately, at my age it's unlikely that I'll live to experience the paradise which I've been promised.

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »
This topic is entitled "Brexit and all that rubbish"!  A lot of us have strong views. I would suggest if you are fed up with hearing people talk, discuss, appear confident that their view is the right one, etc that you don't view this topic!! Just a thought!

It's ok being confident your view is right, but what annoys me is all leave voters are stupid uneducated morons, apperantly,  it's a democracy, majority won let's get on with it.
I wasn't happy England lost the other night, shame we can't have a vote for a replay, but we can't, so let's get on with it.

Offline mrsjune22

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 11:32:58 PM »
What has air fair going up to Canada to do with EU vote. Thought we are still in it, or have I missed something?!! 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 01:02:08 AM »
Air fares have gone up across the board. There is uncertainty in the global markets and commerce.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 01:06:46 AM »
Spesh - we have a parliamentary democracy. That's not the same as a non-binding referendum - which is advisory. We can only leave the EU when parliament repeals the 1972 Act that took us in.

The Fat Lady has not yet sung.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni