Author Topic: Brexit and all that rubbish  (Read 46220 times)

Offline riojabear

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Brexit and all that rubbish
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
I voted remain, but I'm not a sore loser. I'm going to get on with it!

I've also been going to Greece for the last 25 years.  I've been to fabulous places, Kefalos on Kos, Pefkos on Rhodes, Lassi in Kefalonia, Argassi, Alykanas, and Kalamaki, and last year Agios Georgios a few miles away from San Stefanos.

Every holiday I've ever been on in Greece has been fabulous. The Greeks are a wonderful nation, full of wonderful people who care about trying to make our holidays the best they can.  I can remember arriving in Kefalos in the middle of the night just after my wife had had a big operation, I was triple stressed and I started making a list of issues in my head, probably about 30, of things to fling at the rep and the appartment owner.

In the morning we had, a couple of hours to ourselves, walking around feeling the sunshine on our faces, being met with smiles and "kalimeras".  When I met the rep and the owner they asked me if there were any issues - I said - "Yes, there's no tin-opener" ...... No f***ing tin opener - that's all I could complain about! (we had a new tin-opener in an hour!)

This is my first holiday to San Stefanos.  I'm staying at Naksika, and because of the power of the internet, I've read all the great reviews.  Not one politician, not one xenophobe will spoil my holiday.  I'm looking forward to the best holiday I'm ever going to have with fantastic people.  I'm going to buy beer, eat fresh beautifully prepared food and  I'm going to (attempt to) juggle my football on the beach and pretend know I'm better than Wayne Rooney and the other sub-standard £150,000/week footballers who so sadly let us down yesterday.

Anybody who is going to San Stefanos on holiday, and will be there in August between 12th-26th look out for the pink headed ball juggler on the beach and invite me to share a beer or two,  and I'll join you and promise to make your holiday a little jollier!

Enjoy your holidays everyone, you've deserved them!

twitter: @riojabear

Offline Nellie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit and all that rubbish
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:33 PM »
 :)  We will be there at that time - will look out for you, I cant wait!

I love the beach, and one of my happiest memories of my last holiday is watching a daft local dog run down from thr rose garden apartments to the beach, ears flapping in the the breeze, for his morning play, joining in any ball game he could. 

I love the locals, the sunsets, the wonderful greek food, the totally relaxed atmosphere....

cant come soon enough!

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:14:43 PM »
We are there from 3rd till 21st and will be frequenting Nafsica on a regular basis..you couldnt have found a nicer place to stay.enjoy some of the best food in the village, be served by, Chris, Niko and Stefanos who will always have a smile and do their upmost to make your stay a happy one..Not forgeting Spiros who has a great humor and will offer you the best service possible..Enjoy..

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »
We are going on Friday and staying at Stamatis apartments, for the 12th time! We eat every night at the Nafsika taverna, because we like the rustic surroundings and fabulous Greek food and not forgetting, Spiros and his fabulous team who welcome us back every year, with open arms! Just like going home, as everyone says. I hope you enjoy your holiday when you go and feel sure it won't be your last there! :)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 07:09:18 PM »
You'll love the Nafsika and Spiros (owner) and Stefanos and Nikos (waiters) - you'll just have the best time!

Been going to SS for over 30 years and we'll be there this year from 8-28th August and I'm trying to persuade Spiros to have an 80's night on my birthday (12 August) so hopefully your first night will be cosmic... :)

We stay in Vagelis 3 bed house every year which overlooks the Nafsika so spend most days round their pool - the grilled chicken with a Greek salad is a must at lunchtime but all the food there is lovely so you'll be spoilt for choice

Will no doubt see you in a few weeks :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 12:31:49 AM »
Silverstar, have a great birthday and holiday!! :)

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:59 AM »
Not going to Delfino Blu for your birthday meal then Silverstar? ;)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 01:56:05 AM »
Not going to Delfino Blu for your birthday meal then Silverstar? ;)

Think I remember something about this a couple of years ago?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 01:58:08 AM »
Yeah, bit of a stale joke......we dont do Delfino Blue....

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 02:02:58 AM »
Nice one, BAJ!

We're going in a couple of days, and I'm hoping it will cheer Gillie up, because she's been sobbing half the time since the vote came in. I've spent a lot of time saying "sorry" to my Greek, Italian, French, Dutch, Polish, Belgium, German and other friends and clients for this (in my opinion) disastrous example of collective stupidity.

As Winston Churchill said in 1948, " I am a European." 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:42:13 PM by Jimbo »

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 10:51:21 AM »
Wow didnt realise Winston had been around that long.lol

Offline riojabear

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:13 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the Nafsika recommendations.   And for all those who will be there when we are - Not long to go now, can almost smell the Ouzo  8)

We'll have two teenagers in tow.  Any recommendations for a lively bar in the evenings (with a traditional one for grown-ups next door)!

twitter: @riojabear

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston ...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 02:42:55 PM »
Thanks, Rilo. Even the centuries have depreciated! Edit done.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
Your welcome...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni