Author Topic: Barrass Apartments  (Read 43637 times)

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Barrass Apartments
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
I wonder who read it. Now stop it Don you might upset him!
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
Just found this..... If Carlsberg did holiday reviews they would probably be like  this

I wonder who wrote it?

We have been coming to San Stefanos many times over the last 25 years, but still feel like the kids we were the first time. We have stayed in most Hotels and Apartments over the years so have a balanced over-view. The local people are still great and are the secret of the resort, which is why over 80% of guests here are return visitors who come again and again.

Barras Apts. are older, but clean and as good as any in the resort. You will get good meals in the Resturant as well. Good friendly Staff, George the owner is great. I would book again if the price is right. We don't eat in our room - as thats no holiday, but eat around the resort. We think the best Resturant is the Olive Press run by Simone & George - they also run the Leonidis Apartments with very pretty gardens, (next to Nafsika Hotel). Another great place to stay, but the Olive Press is a must try experience - it's best to try and pre-book a Table as very popular. Try the new Bistro opposite as well - great menu. Also try Stellios at the Olympia resturant and the Sunset with live music on Saturdays. I don't like the Little Prince for food now as since it expanded there are so many tables the quality has nose-dived - but yes you get greek dancing to compensate. Opposite is Two stars which is very nice and best value - always full up - speaks volumes.

We Travelled with Thompsons again this year - 2007. When we looked - they had a sale weekend and it was easliy the best deal. Easy Jet will fly in 2008 instead of B A (GB Airways), but were too expensive for my 2008 holiday, hence the Thompsons booking - although I hate their Aircraft with tiny seat space. Our criteria now for San Stefanos is go for a good deal. We try to book somewhere that is nicely located with a good price. If you can get a good priced flight go independant - far better - as most ''private'' Apartments are of a similar superior nature in the resort. You then just need a transfer from the airport. We have stayed in many, many different Apt's and Hotels here, travelled independantly, and also with Thompsons, or with San Stefanos Travel - (a very good option - run by Noula - find it through searching Google).

Noula offers a travel service and has a cheaper mini bus transfer option as well, she has a large number of Apartments on her books and the service is better than Thompsons or Thomas Cooks.

If you like Music, a night at the Condor is a must - good for all ages - the Owner Stefanos ensures a good time. The Athens Bar gives a good welcome, better for the younger set. Try the fairly new bar on the approach to the Athina Hotel run by Glen - nice place.

The Beach is the Best!! go for a walk under the cliffs, a few Nudists will be around but the walk is great. Its a safe crime free resort good for families and couples - don't book if you want a singles holiday unless it's just to chill out.

Yes- - - I wonder??????  seems so familiar somehow!!

Now who does write nice long stories on here - not sure lol!!!! ;) ::)
I really don't know what you are suggesting - PS (want a signed copy!!)

You mean you can write your name Tony?????????????????????????????? ;) :o
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 06:00:24 AM »
Just found this..... If Carlsberg did holiday reviews they would probably be like  this

I wonder who wrote it?

We have been coming to San Stefanos many times over the last 25 years, but still feel like the kids we were the first time. We have stayed in most Hotels and Apartments over the years so have a balanced over-view. The local people are still great and are the secret of the resort, which is why over 80% of guests here are return visitors who come again and again.

Barras Apts. are older, but clean and as good as any in the resort. You will get good meals in the Resturant as well. Good friendly Staff, George the owner is great. I would book again if the price is right. We don't eat in our room - as thats no holiday, but eat around the resort. We think the best Resturant is the Olive Press run by Simone & George - they also run the Leonidis Apartments with very pretty gardens, (next to Nafsika Hotel). Another great place to stay, but the Olive Press is a must try experience - it's best to try and pre-book a Table as very popular. Try the new Bistro opposite as well - great menu. Also try Stellios at the Olympia resturant and the Sunset with live music on Saturdays. I don't like the Little Prince for food now as since it expanded there are so many tables the quality has nose-dived - but yes you get greek dancing to compensate. Opposite is Two stars which is very nice and best value - always full up - speaks volumes.

We Travelled with Thompsons again this year - 2007. When we looked - they had a sale weekend and it was easliy the best deal. Easy Jet will fly in 2008 instead of B A (GB Airways), but were too expensive for my 2008 holiday, hence the Thompsons booking - although I hate their Aircraft with tiny seat space. Our criteria now for San Stefanos is go for a good deal. We try to book somewhere that is nicely located with a good price. If you can get a good priced flight go independant - far better - as most ''private'' Apartments are of a similar superior nature in the resort. You then just need a transfer from the airport. We have stayed in many, many different Apt's and Hotels here, travelled independantly, and also with Thompsons, or with San Stefanos Travel - (a very good option - run by Noula - find it through searching Google).

Noula offers a travel service and has a cheaper mini bus transfer option as well, she has a large number of Apartments on her books and the service is better than Thompsons or Thomas Cooks.

If you like Music, a night at the Condor is a must - good for all ages - the Owner Stefanos ensures a good time. The Athens Bar gives a good welcome, better for the younger set. Try the fairly new bar on the approach to the Athina Hotel run by Glen - nice place.

The Beach is the Best!! go for a walk under the cliffs, a few Nudists will be around but the walk is great. Its a safe crime free resort good for families and couples - don't book if you want a singles holiday unless it's just to chill out.

Yes- - - I wonder??????  seems so familiar somehow!!

Now who does write nice long stories on here - not sure lol!!!! ;) ::)
I really don't know what you are suggesting - PS (want a signed copy!!)

You mean you can write your name Tony?????????????????????????????? ;) :o
You may mock!!! But one day when I am a famous Author - and you want a signed copy - I may charge you!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 11:17:16 PM »
Then there was this literary offering. Roll over Shakespeare, Pack it in Dickens .... San Stefanos fans for the great awards of 2009

Superb holiday, good clean comfortable studios. Though great weather studio cool due to air conditioning if not afraid to open purse. George & family so welcoming as is the whole village. Barras has good affordable taverna and Greek dancing on a wednesday. A truly good night. The village is laid back and quiet though a lively time can be had at the Condor and live music can be heard in Bar 38. For those not into these the Thomas Bay Hotel has quizzes, bingo & karaoke and the funniest staff on the island as Sandra finds to her cost. The village is full of fine food rarely costing more than 6E for a main course. Our regular haunt is the taverna attached to the Little Prince due to its long and varied menu all superbly cooked. Holidaying in San Stef is what you make it and from experience whenever you return you will bump into someone you've met there before. It is that type of place

Available on Thomsons web site!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 05:28:29 AM »
Then there was this literary offering. Roll over Shakespeare, Pack it in Dickens .... San Stefanos fans for the great awards of 2009

Superb holiday, good clean comfortable studios. Though great weather studio cool due to air conditioning if not afraid to open purse. George & family so welcoming as is the whole village. Barras has good affordable taverna and Greek dancing on a Wednesday. A truly good night. The village is laid back and quiet though a lively time can be had at the Condor and live music can be heard in Bar 38. For those not into these the Thomas Bay Hotel has quizzes, bingo & karaoke and the funniest staff on the island as Sandra finds to her cost. The village is full of fine food rarely costing more than 6E for a main course. Our regular haunt is the taverna attached to the Little Prince due to its long and varied menu all superbly cooked. Holidaying in San Stef is what you make it and from experience whenever you return you will bump into someone you've met there before. It is that type of place[/colour]

Available on Thomson's web site!!!!
Enough to make you pack it in and move to Arillas, who could have written this??
Was it that peculiar author, Loch Tite!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
Varoius postings on Holidays Uncovered by site members as well lol!!!! ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 02:03:14 AM »
Varoius postings on Holidays Uncovered by site members as well lol!!!! ;)
Well at least we care enough to share!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni