Author Topic: Barrass Apartments  (Read 43611 times)

Offline doully

• View Profile
Barrass Apartments
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
Could any one tell me what is supplied in the Barrass Apartments kitchen: eg; kettle, cups, plates knives etc.

don

Re: Barrass Apartments
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »
All of them plus tea towel , hand towels and bath towels. Very basic apartments but big and comfy. The welcome off the family is brilliant.

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »
to add to dons post , bread board, bread basket, a selection of decent sharp knifes, glasses, mugs, pots and pans , oven grill and 2 ring hob, they are very well equiped for studio appartments 

Offline doully

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
Thanks for the information, but does anyone know if they provide safety deposit box, safe etc, if not is there anywhere in san stefanos that i can use.

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
they do have deposit boxes for a small charge, they also change sterling for you, last year we paid 70 euro that was for 2 weeks air con and deposit box, graham says the box on its own was 5 euro a week
have you booked barras ? we are staying there from 29/08/08 for 2 weeks it will be our 2nd time to barras and san stef, we booked 3 weeks after our holls last year and this years holls is now our "honeymoon" :D :D this is the 1st time we have gone to the same place agin
hope you enjoy if you are going . we have been looking to book for one of my brothers but there are no available seats on the plane from either liverpool or manchester  we are trying every day for him and nothing has come up yet

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:46 PM »
they do have deposit boxes for a small charge, they also change sterling for you, last year we paid 70 euro that was for 2 weeks air con and deposit box, graham says the box on its own was 5 euro a week
have you booked barras ? we are staying there from 29/08/08 for 2 weeks it will be our 2nd time to barras and san stef, we booked 3 weeks after our holls last year and this years holls is now our "honeymoon" :D :D this is the 1st time we have gone to the same place agin
hope you enjoy if you are going . we have been looking to book for one of my brothers but there are no available seats on the plane from either liverpool or manchester  we are trying every day for him and nothing has come up yet
Helen
I know its not the same day but there are flights available from Manchester on 1st September with XL. :-\
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »
Helen,

Just found this

http://www.otbeach.com/process
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »

Hi Helen, I have just checked out Thomsons for you, they have seats left.Flights only.
1: From manchester 29th August depart 13.25 arrive corfu 1850.
Return 12th September depart 1950 arrive manchester 21.20.
Total cost £188.98.

2.From Liverpool 29th August depart 1545 arrive corfu 2105.Flights only.
Return 12th September depart 1315 arrive Liverpool 1445.
Total cost £218.98.

I realise this is probably not the same plane as yours but as long as he gets there it will be worth it.

Hope this helps, if you are going to book flight then I would do so quickly.

I fly to SS on 12th September, cannot wait.

If he is looking for flight & hotel then there does not seem to be anything left for just one person. There is a Thomsons package holiday at barras st/apts from Manchester same flight times as above but it is for 2 people, the total cost is £760 14 nights for 2 people. I have checked all the main players and there is nothing doing. Could he book the Manchester or Liverpool flight and contact the hotel directly? I think that you will struggle to find anything for one person.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:33:51 PM by lilly »

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 01:14:53 AM »
thanks EVERYONE as i posted that post i rememberd a post by sue la (thanks) about travel republic flights i have got him a flight the week after 05/09/08 on my daughters flight out of liverpool, i have just had the confirmation. thompson did not have  anything  for 1 person, so  am going to give george a ring at barras tomorrow, and see if i can get him a room in barras or near there, i beleive the family own sofias near the tennis courts, all he needs is a room ! fingers crossed i get him one as i have never done this before! so there are now 4 of us for 2 weeks and 3 for 1 week
thanks again every one  ;D

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
sorted! got him a room in barras ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »
Glad he is sorted Helen :)

don

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 12:03:26 PM »
Just found this..... If Carlsberg did holiday reviews they would probably be like  this

I wonder who wrote it?

We have been coming to San Stefanos many times over the last 25 years, but still feel like the kids we were the first time. We have stayed in most Hotels and Apartments over the years so have a balanced over-view. The local people are still great and are the secret of the resort, which is why over 80% of guests here are return visitors who come again and again.

Barras Apts. are older, but clean and as good as any in the resort. You will get good meals in the Resturant as well. Good friendly Staff, George the owner is great. I would book again if the price is right. We don't eat in our room - as thats no holiday, but eat around the resort. We think the best Resturant is the Olive Press run by Simone & George - they also run the Leonidis Apartments with very pretty gardens, (next to Nafsika Hotel). Another great place to stay, but the Olive Press is a must try experience - it's best to try and pre-book a Table as very popular. Try the new Bistro opposite as well - great menu. Also try Stellios at the Olympia resturant and the Sunset with live music on Saturdays. I don't like the Little Prince for food now as since it expanded there are so many tables the quality has nose-dived - but yes you get greek dancing to compensate. Opposite is Two stars which is very nice and best value - always full up - speaks volumes.

We Travelled with Thompsons again this year - 2007. When we looked - they had a sale weekend and it was easliy the best deal. Easy Jet will fly in 2008 instead of B A (GB Airways), but were too expensive for my 2008 holiday, hence the Thompsons booking - although I hate their Aircraft with tiny seat space. Our criteria now for San Stefanos is go for a good deal. We try to book somewhere that is nicely located with a good price. If you can get a good priced flight go independant - far better - as most ''private'' Apartments are of a similar superior nature in the resort. You then just need a transfer from the airport. We have stayed in many, many different Apt's and Hotels here, travelled independantly, and also with Thompsons, or with San Stefanos Travel - (a very good option - run by Noula - find it through searching Google).

Noula offers a travel service and has a cheaper mini bus transfer option as well, she has a large number of Apartments on her books and the service is better than Thompsons or Thomas Cooks.

If you like Music, a night at the Condor is a must - good for all ages - the Owner Stefanos ensures a good time. The Athens Bar gives a good welcome, better for the younger set. Try the fairly new bar on the approach to the Athina Hotel run by Glen - nice place.

The Beach is the Best!! go for a walk under the cliffs, a few Nudists will be around but the walk is great. Its a safe crime free resort good for families and couples - don't book if you want a singles holiday unless it's just to chill out.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:08 PM »
Just found this..... If Carlsberg did holiday reviews they would probably be like  this

I wonder who wrote it?

We have been coming to San Stefanos many times over the last 25 years, but still feel like the kids we were the first time. We have stayed in most Hotels and Apartments over the years so have a balanced over-view. The local people are still great and are the secret of the resort, which is why over 80% of guests here are return visitors who come again and again.

Barras Apts. are older, but clean and as good as any in the resort. You will get good meals in the Resturant as well. Good friendly Staff, George the owner is great. I would book again if the price is right. We don't eat in our room - as thats no holiday, but eat around the resort. We think the best Resturant is the Olive Press run by Simone & George - they also run the Leonidis Apartments with very pretty gardens, (next to Nafsika Hotel). Another great place to stay, but the Olive Press is a must try experience - it's best to try and pre-book a Table as very popular. Try the new Bistro opposite as well - great menu. Also try Stellios at the Olympia resturant and the Sunset with live music on Saturdays. I don't like the Little Prince for food now as since it expanded there are so many tables the quality has nose-dived - but yes you get greek dancing to compensate. Opposite is Two stars which is very nice and best value - always full up - speaks volumes.

We Travelled with Thompsons again this year - 2007. When we looked - they had a sale weekend and it was easliy the best deal. Easy Jet will fly in 2008 instead of B A (GB Airways), but were too expensive for my 2008 holiday, hence the Thompsons booking - although I hate their Aircraft with tiny seat space. Our criteria now for San Stefanos is go for a good deal. We try to book somewhere that is nicely located with a good price. If you can get a good priced flight go independant - far better - as most ''private'' Apartments are of a similar superior nature in the resort. You then just need a transfer from the airport. We have stayed in many, many different Apt's and Hotels here, travelled independantly, and also with Thompsons, or with San Stefanos Travel - (a very good option - run by Noula - find it through searching Google).

Noula offers a travel service and has a cheaper mini bus transfer option as well, she has a large number of Apartments on her books and the service is better than Thompsons or Thomas Cooks.

If you like Music, a night at the Condor is a must - good for all ages - the Owner Stefanos ensures a good time. The Athens Bar gives a good welcome, better for the younger set. Try the fairly new bar on the approach to the Athina Hotel run by Glen - nice place.

The Beach is the Best!! go for a walk under the cliffs, a few Nudists will be around but the walk is great. Its a safe crime free resort good for families and couples - don't book if you want a singles holiday unless it's just to chill out.

Yes- - - I wonder??????  seems so familiar somehow!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 12:31:51 AM »

I wonder who wrote it?

Now who does write nice long stories on here - not sure lol!!!! ;) ::)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 01:07:40 AM »

I wonder who wrote it?

Now who does write nice long stories on here - not sure lol!!!! ;) ::)
I really don't know what you are suggesting - PS (want a signed copy!!)
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni