Author Topic: Weather in May  (Read 7462 times)

Offline sunshinegirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Weather in May
« on: February 24, 2016, 03:50:15 PM »
Hi Can anybody tell me what the weather is usually like in May around the 20th thanks :)

Gavlah1973

Re: Weather in May
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 01:26:09 PM »
We are going for our first may visit on the 27th

From what I can gather daytime temps will be in the low - mid 20's, pools and sea will be cooler and you should expect a shower here and there!!

But the food will still be good and the beer in Aquarius will still be cold!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »
Here's a copy n paste of one of my posts a couple of years ago on the same subject:-

2012 the weather was glorious for 13 out of our 14 days. Around 30°C most day with a gentle wind.

In 2013 the weather was really hit and miss. Most days were cloudy and even on the hotter days there seemed to always be a strong wind which made you feel quite chilly. I believe this was the case right into July too?

Also the pools (and the sea) haven't warmed up too much and can be quite chilly in my experience.

Apart from that all tavernas and bars were open for business.

The resort was relatively quiet (compared to peak season) and there were not very many other children in the resort. We travelled as a large party in 2012 so didn't really notice whether there were many other children but in 2013 there were very few.

I would definitely holiday in a May/June again though but have chosen August this year instead.

Offline sunshinegirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
Hi thanks for the replies and sorry for the late response.

We have booked and will be going this Friday, 20th May, This will be our 9th visit but never in May before. Will be going back in August too which is when we normally go so it will be good to see San Stefanos at a different time of year in May :)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:13:42 PM »
I've gone mainly in July/August over the years but also have had a few trips in May/June and I personally love that time of year!

Yes, its quieter but its really nice and not so busy on the beach etc also the weather is not so hot as to totally wipe you out when you venture out for a walk during the day.

I would deffo recommend going in May - have a fabulous time! :)

Offline sunshinegirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 03:23:47 PM »
Thanks Silverstar - you too have a good time when you go to San Stefanos :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni