Author Topic: Planning your eating out  (Read 16184 times)

Gavlah1973

Planning your eating out
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »
Is it just me who meticulously plans where we will be eating on most nights of the holiday weeks in advance?

Or do you just go where the mood takes you?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Planning your eating out
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
Think its just you..lol   .usually Nafsica first night but after that its wait and see what tomorrow brings..

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »
It's just you - we just go where the mood takes us - oh and we can be influenced by the 'specials' boards as we take our early evening wander around the village.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 03:24:06 PM »
Always Nafsika for first night and last night and then where the mood takes us on the day - its a topic usually up for discussion lying on a sunbed around 4pm eating an icecream..... ;D

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 04:46:59 PM »
We always plan which eateries we will visit before we go (we counted recently and there are too many!) but actually decide which one on the day. Love laying on the beach or sitting in the sea deciding where to eat that night  :)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »
Whilst at home, we will plan our restaurant/taverna itinery because it's fun and builds up the excitement.  However when get to San Stef it comes off the rails after a steady start to our plans.  All good fun though.

This year on our first night we are trying somewhere completely different.  We just love Gravia but all the times we have been there, it's normally a late lunch.  This time our first evening will be at Gravia.  We arrive in the resort approximately 15:30, so by the time we do our little shopping and unpack we are normally tired.  We thought a relaxing evening watching the sun set with a glass or two of their excellent wine and some mezze would be a perfect first night.  so relaxing!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
We have our favourites that we visit every year but just generally go where the mood takes us.

This year we'll be waiting to see where the riff-raff (aka Gavlah) are eating that night then we'll be heading to the opposite end of the village!  ;D

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »
Sometimes it's the flight day / times that dictate early plans...many late arrivals head to tasty corner for their first fix of the holiday. For us ,this year, we arrive on Sunday with 6 San Stef virgins, all staying at the Romanza , so Greek night  will get the holiday off to the best possible start....it's all downhill from there ...literally!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 11:31:08 PM »
Well we arrive at midnight so no evening meal for us. We normally either hit Zorbas or Little Prince first night with our sons but this year we're on our own so we'll play it by ear.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
I usually have my first meal within a short walk from my villa, so it's either Nafsika, Waves or Manthos.  After that I just make my mind up on the day or if I am meeting friends where they are eating :)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
Romanza Greek night,what night is it held,and is booking required?,thanks for any help folks.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
 Hi winkie..Romanza bbq is on a sunday night and yes would book a table..sometimes they ask a deposit sometimes not.
Great food and entertainment...might end up in the pool at the end of the evening but hey ho..

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »
Thank you Rilo,very much appreciated,never been up there for the Greek night,read so many good reports,will pay a visit in June.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 04:43:48 PM »
We always do it in turns, including the kids, seems to work well.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »
Hi winkie..Romanza bbq is on a sunday night and yes would book a table..sometimes they ask a deposit sometimes not.
Great food and entertainment...might end up in the pool at the end of the evening but hey ho..

Unusual for Romanza to ask for a deposit Rilo.
Winkie J, it's a great night, not to be missed, even Jimbo hasn't been to this one, If we were there we could all go together.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni