Author Topic: Food recommendations  (Read 53066 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Food recommendations
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »
The food in the old village area is top notch - Beer O'Clock, Beachcomber, Nafsika, Manthos, Fantasea. No need to go into sunset strip at all!

Rubbish Jimbo, plenty of excellent food on "the strip"

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
Totally agree with Gavlah

Gavlah1973

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 01:20:48 PM »
Be interesting to see how 2 Stars goes this year in the bigger premises. We never visited the old one as it always seemed too crowded and warm in there!! Lot more light and airy where they have gone to. Will have to give it a go

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 01:29:32 PM »
Yes - Yiannis is excellent. Zorba's food is okay - and Pavlos is one of the best dancers in the village and a really nice guy.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
Yep.yiannis is realy good..had a bad experience there last year,we arrived a bit late,place was full so waited ages for food.but when it came it was spot on..didnt stop us going back though.we made sure we was a bit earlier..

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »
I was put off by Beer o Clock's name and didn't try it until nearly the end of my holiday last year - however food is really excellent and can deffo recommend.

Ozzy Oil and Fantasea always good - love Beachcomber and Nafsika and also Yiannis is a hidden gem.

Just have never got the hype around 2 Stars - I've eaten their twice and had very average meals both times and its always felt a bit 'low budget' BUT I appreciate that many many people really love it!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Pressure in a place that cooks fresh food can be a problem. Last year we went one evening and there was a big party of forum and facebook regulars there. We weren't invited to join the party, and the hosts were most apologetic that we'd have a delay.

But, hey - how hard is it to sit opposite a beautiful woman with a glass of wine in the Greek dusk for forty-five minutes dipping pitta into tzatsiki? Demanding food within two minutes strikes me as emblematic of the sad requirement for instant gratification among northern Europeans. Greeks treat food like love - you may have to wait a long time to get it, but when you do it's wonderful.   

Offline Carolg

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
Haven't tried Yiannis, might have to give that a go this year

Gavlah1973

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:34 AM »
You won't be disappointed Carol. My advice would be no later than 8.30pm

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 11:16:57 AM »
Anyone know if Elpitha is opening this year? We didn't go last year, but I seem to remember someone saying it was open then.

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 12:11:26 AM »
All goin on the list, anyone had town pizza recently some of the best pizzas iv had how are they doin I remember first time I went he was still in his old place

Gavlah1973

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
Had a lovely one last year Balkus

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 11:37:02 AM »
I have two 'Must try's' on my list this year., Brusko and Yiannis.  It will be easier to fit in as I will be there for 2 weeks.  Also as I'm staying in the old part of the village, return visits to Olympia, Beachcomber, Nafsika, Manthos and Fantasea.  If any of my friends who have transport are going, I would love  to go to the Romanza BBQ again ;)

Offline Balkus

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2016, 12:50:24 AM »
I defo think Yiannis wil be one of our first new places, a lot of buzz about it.
 there's just too many good places to cram in to 2 weeks looks like il be coming home 3 stone heavier rather then just 1 an half from 2012 lol

Offline amanda j

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 02:09:33 AM »
Cambridge I recall someone on FB page saying Elpitha wouldn't be open but they thought the bar would be...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni